Pink Floyd acro

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone growing Reef Raft's Pink Floyd? I've had a frag of it since October and im not sure it's grown hardly at all besides encrusting. i have a frogskin 4 inches away that i got the same day that's double in size and added 7 2inch branches. so my question is how slow does the floyd grow? its the only coral i have besides chalices that's not doing much and it's healthy with good polyp extension

Acro maniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill start by saying i dont have a PFacro, but i do have a froskin.
Fme it might not be that the PF is a slow grower as much as it just has not fully settled in. When it does finally settle in, it will probably take off. You said you have a frogskin that growing pretty fast. I also have a frigskin and jt hasnt done a thing. I have had it since june or july. Although i have other frags i have placed in the tank before and after the frogskin, that are growing like crazy.
Also out of frustration with the frogskin i clipped a about a quater inch piece off and glued to a plug 3 months ago. Currently that little piece has encrusted almost the entire plug and is showing coralite coming up from the puddle.
Some frag make the transition better then others from tank to tank, depending on how much there previous system and current system mimic each other.

mannyhernz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should post pix..maybe you can reference this thread in the future

OP
OP
Bdog4u2

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should post pix..maybe you can reference this thread in the future
20170203_235203.jpg
here's a crappy phone pic. it looks like that stylo is almost touching it but it's just the angle.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back