OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to derail the Floyd thread, but want to catch Roger Hodgson at some point. He was touring but not much in the States for now.
He’s another one of those crazy musical geniuses.

Only Floyd concert I caught was post-Roger for the Momentary Lapse of Reason tour, Columbus OH at Ohio Stadium in ‘88 if I remember correctly. First ever concert at that stadium. Really had no desire to see them again without Waters.
I agree unfortunately.......to a point. I would still go see Floyd without Roger....but it would bother me immensely lol.

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just gave me a flashback lol! Back in highschool we used to go to the planetarium in Dayton Ohio and on Friday and Saturday nights they would do lazer light shows for Pink Floyd, Grateful Dead, and some others. Would sit in the car "pre-gaming" in the parking lot and then rush in right before the start of the show :D
There was a Floyd laser show at an old theatre in La Crosse WI where I grew up. I recall a little (pre-game warm up) before seeing that as well

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I saw Gilmour in Chicago in 2007, my friends older sister and husband bought us all tickets for my birthday. They had the means and were amazing and generous people. However, at that time I was in x-ray school and I had clinical the next day. I had already burned my free call in for the summer semester and couldn’t miss that day of clinical. So my awesome friend agreed to drive home from Chicago back to La Crosse (6 hour road trip) and ended up pulling an all nighter. Ended up making it to my clinical the next day, but was sent home because I was pretty much delirious from exhaustion. Totally worth it!

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.......reading through the music threads (and at the suggestion of @Jman76), starting a Pink Floyd appreciation thread. Gilmour or Waters (or both :)) ? Favorite Pink Floyd album? Favorite Roger Waters album? Favorite songs? We could talk about Gilmour's solo stuff also........if you want lol.

I will kick it off............favorite Floyd album by far is The Wall.....could throw in The Final Cut also since they kind of go together. Favorite Waters album surprisingly is his newest (and probably his last), Is This The Life We Really Want. They are all good though.
It's been a while since I looked up new music to listen too. Thanks to you, I'm leaving this web page to amazon. Gonna order that Waters album!

Oh yeah.. Favorite album is Wish you were here. The Wall was my first video I bought. Saved for a month and a half, and paid the $49 price for the Beta tape back in the mid 80s. Then I watched it 4 times in a row. I still have that tape, and an old beta machine for it.
ah, Pink Floyd. Nothing ever did compare to them.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I looked up new music to listen too. Thanks to you, I'm leaving this web page to amazon. Gonna order that Waters album!

Oh yeah.. Favorite album is Wish you were here. The Wall was my first video I bought. Saved for a month and a half, and paid the $49 price for the Beta tape back in the mid 80s. Then I watched it 4 times in a row. I still have that tape, and an old beta machine for it.
ah, Pink Floyd. Nothing ever did compare to them.
You don't be disappointed in his newest release........post back here when you get a chance to listen to it :) The Wall on Beta...that might be worth some money lol.

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copied from a local rock shop FB page:

On this date in 1994.

The Division Bell is the fourteenth studio album by the English progressive rock band Pink Floyd, released on 28 March 1994 by EMI Records in the United Kingdom and on 4 April by Columbia Records in the United States.
The second Pink Floyd album recorded without founding member Roger Waters, The Division Bell was written mostly by guitarist and singer David Gilmour and keyboardist Richard Wright. It features Wright's first lead vocal on a Pink Floyd album since The Dark Side of the Moon (1973). Gilmour's fiancée, novelist Polly Samson, co-wrote many of the lyrics, which deal with themes of communication. It was the last Pink Floyd album recorded with Wright, who died in 2008.

FB_IMG_1585406206832.jpg

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Copied from a local rock shop FB page:

On this date in 1994.

The Division Bell is the fourteenth studio album by the English progressive rock band Pink Floyd, released on 28 March 1994 by EMI Records in the United Kingdom and on 4 April by Columbia Records in the United States.
The second Pink Floyd album recorded without founding member Roger Waters, The Division Bell was written mostly by guitarist and singer David Gilmour and keyboardist Richard Wright. It features Wright's first lead vocal on a Pink Floyd album since The Dark Side of the Moon (1973). Gilmour's fiancée, novelist Polly Samson, co-wrote many of the lyrics, which deal with themes of communication. It was the last Pink Floyd album recorded with Wright, who died in 2008.

FB_IMG_1585406206832.jpg
That was always such a cool album cover. I think Gilmour takes a couple of shots at Roger in one of the songs on that album. I might be getting it confused with Momentary Lapse of Reason though.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dark Side #1. Memories of going to the Laser Light Show, at Longway Planetarium (Flint, MI), done to the whole Dark Side of the Moon sound track. Also, the guitar solo on Money, one of my favs I ever learned to play.
hate The Wall.
:cool:

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A drawing my 13 year old daughter did of Waters for me..............they had to take a photo, split it in half, and draw the other half. She drew the first half. She has become a HUGE PF fan with The Trial being her favorite song.

Roger.jpg

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A drawing my 13 year old daughter did of Waters for me..............they had to take a photo, split it in half, and draw the other half. She drew the first half. She has become a HUGE PF fan with The Trial being her favorite song.

Roger.jpg
Unbelievable! She is amazingly talented! I always wished I had that talent.

HawaiianReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't be disappointed in his newest release........post back here when you get a chance to listen to it :) The Wall on Beta...that might be worth some money lol.
If I did sell it, I'd never get the same feeling I get holding the cash in my hand compared to holding the first vid I ever bought. Nostalgia.

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was always such a cool album cover. I think Gilmour takes a couple of shots at Roger in one of the songs on that album. I might be getting it confused with Momentary Lapse of Reason though.
You are correct sir, song is Lost for Words from the Division Bell

RCS82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread. Pink Floyd is one of my all time favs, right there with the Stones and the Eagles in my top 3 but probably on top of them all. No one made music like Pink Floyd. Although I think Waters is fantastic in his own way, I am 100% a Gilmour fan. Great voice, cool and smooth and an absolute killer with the guitar. I'm a child of the 80s and 90s so I'm into the Wall, Momentary Lapse of Reason and probably my number 1, the Division Bell.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If any of you also like orchestra music, get this CD. I have the high resolution version and it's amazing. JP

B64E5A0C-9E6B-4FEF-8349-81B0D5F6B21A.JPG
I don't care for orchestra a whole lot, but I will definitely check it out......I like anything Pink Floyd related lol. I see Alice Cooper is on there also....another one of my favorites :)

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pulse released on YT. Great show, post Rog

Thanks for sharing that link. Woke up early this morning and watched this with some nice headphones and no distractions. Had been a long time since seeing this concert. It came out on vhs when I was in middle school and I must have watched it hundred times back then. This and live in Pompeii and The Wall were played continually at my house throughout middle school and high school. I remember doing a presentation in my high school speech class and showing comfortably numb and run like hell from pulse. Don’t remember exactly what the assignment was, but I went way over my “visual aide” time and therefore recieved a low grade. Never regretted it....Still don’t....

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%

Back