Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In case anyone is interested.
Thanks.....I will check that out. Anybody catch Roger's latest video posts blasting Gilmore and his ownership of the official Pink Floyd Page lol? Good stuff. He also posted a new release of the band performing Mother in QT which was very good.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t get the Mother video to open; said unavailable.

I saw the Us and Them tour video is supposed to be released in June (forgot the date, thinking mid-month). Some extra’s included in the package.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn’t get the Mother video to open; said unavailable.

I saw the Us and Them tour video is supposed to be released in June (forgot the date, thinking mid-month). Some extra’s included in the package.
Yeah I have been waiting for that...I think it is June 6th to digital. Not sure when it is being released to BlueRay/DVD.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.......reading through the music threads (and at the suggestion of @Jman76), starting a Pink Floyd appreciation thread. Gilmour or Waters (or both :)) ? Favorite Pink Floyd album? Favorite Roger Waters album? Favorite songs? We could talk about Gilmour's solo stuff also........if you want lol.

I will kick it off............favorite Floyd album by far is The Wall.....could throw in The Final Cut also since they kind of go together. Favorite Waters album surprisingly is his newest (and probably his last), Is This The Life We Really Want. They are all good though.
Learning to fly all the way! Saw that concert live! Blue haze for dayze man

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.....I will check that out. Anybody catch Roger's latest video posts blasting Gilmore and his ownership of the official Pink Floyd Page lol? Good stuff. He also posted a new release of the band performing Mother in QT which was very good.

Gilmour would be insane to give Waters unfettered access to any Pink Floyd social media or websites...lol

flsalty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad this thread came back up. I recently made a Floyd playlist in my YouTube library. I found there are three albums I have to listen to all the songs on. Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, and Animals. Of those three, Dark Side is the the best sounding, but Animals is my favorite.

I also gave the post-Waters stuff a good listen. I used to think they were missing something. What I learned was that the previous albums were the ones missing something. Gilmour and Wright were slowly phased out. By the time of The Final Cut, there was no more Pink Floyd. I give Gilmour credit for bringing it back.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad this thread came back up. I recently made a Floyd playlist in my YouTube library. I found there are three albums I have to listen to all the songs on. Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, and Animals. Of those three, Dark Side is the the best sounding, but Animals is my favorite.

I also gave the post-Waters stuff a good listen. I used to think they were missing something. What I learned was that the previous albums were the ones missing something. Gilmour and Wright were slowly phased out. By the time of The Final Cut, there was no more Pink Floyd. I give Gilmour credit for bringing it back.
While I am a huge Waters fan, I do like the post Roger Floyd stuff a lot.....Momentary Lapse and Division Bell are excellent (Dogs of War/Learning to Fly/Sorrow/One Slip/etc. all come to mind.....) Does it compare to their earlier work....probably not, but it is still very good. The one point I disagree on is with The Wall and Final Cut...those are my favorite two Floyd albums.....if you can even call Final Cut a Floyd album lol.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gilmour would be insane to give Waters unfettered access to any Pink Floyd social media or websites...lol
Yeah that is true...you probably have a good point...how long before the whole site turned anti-government lol?

Sandbox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this post! I’m a huge Pink Floyd fan. I’m definitely a Gilmour girl over Rogers. I love The Wall, Animals and Final Cut. Honestly, I love just about all of it. On the Turning Away is one of my favorite songs. Can’t wait to get the Pink Floyd sps one day lol

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love this post! I’m a huge Pink Floyd fan. I’m definitely a Gilmour girl over Rogers. I love The Wall, Animals and Final Cut. Honestly, I love just about all of it. On the Turning Away is one of my favorite songs. Can’t wait to get the Pink Floyd sps one day lol
I agree with everything except the Gilmour over Rogers lol. Funny you bring up the Pink Floyd acro......every time I see it for sale I want to buy it strictly because of the name :)

jk_s124

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread got me reminiscing and digging through my old stack of wax ;) owned this album for 40 years. talk about retro.. lol

8D9149FB-F4A4-4FED-8429-9DDA03E3CCD5.jpeg

8D9149FB-F4A4-4FED-8429-9DDA03E3CCD5.jpeg
That’s amazing! Does it still play? I just bought a reprint of the wall about a month ago. I’m slowly building my Pink Floyd vinyl collection. Still have 10 to go. I did just by a saucerfull of secrets last week as well. My kids are both 9 and are starting to get to know a lot of Floyd stuff. My sons favorite album is dark side of the moon. Last fall I was installing moonlights on my tank and my son was helping. I asked him if he wanted to put on a record and he said,”Can we listen to that black one with the triangle and rainbow?” It was enough to make me about tear up.

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I am a huge Waters fan, I do like the post Roger Floyd stuff a lot.....Momentary Lapse and Division Bell are excellent (Dogs of War/Learning to Fly/Sorrow/One Slip/etc. all come to mind.....) Does it compare to their earlier work....probably not, but it is still very good. The one point I disagree on is with The Wall and Final Cut...those are my favorite two Floyd albums.....if you can even call Final Cut a Floyd album lol.
It amazes me how many Floyd fans I know either hate The Final Cut, or don't know it exists lol. It almost could be a Waters album with guest appearances by David and Nick. Wonder how it would have sounded with Rick in it?...Fantastic album

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This was amazing. What was the reference to "15 years ago" at the end?

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It amazes me how many Floyd fans I know either hate The Final Cut, or don't know it exists lol. It almost could be a Waters album with guest appearances by David and Nick. Wonder how it would have sounded with Rick in it?...Fantastic album
Funny you say that....Final Cut is actually considered a Waters solo album. The wording on the release even says Final Cut By Roger Waters with Pink Floyd.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back