Pink Floyd appreciation thread

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my top 5 of all time. I’m more of a Gilmour fan, though. IMHO, he had the better voice, too. Definitely prefer his solo stuff over Waters’. My favorite albums are Momentary Lapse of Reason, followed by Animals, Wish You Were Here, and Dark Side of the Moon.

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am clearly the only one who flicked through all 10 pages trying to find a picture of the namesake coral Pink Floyd.o_O

Either this is my Pink Floyd or it is in the calcium reactor. Look familiar?

IMG-4758.JPG
It doesn’t look like my Reef Raft Pink Floyd. Mine is very, very yellow.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn’t look like my Reef Raft Pink Floyd. Mine is very, very yellow.

My base is green but the upper flesh & tips are yellow. The polyps are super pink. Thought that was how it got the name. Another pic with some blue filtered out.
IMG-4759.JPG

mijan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink Floyd was my absolute favorite band growing up. The Wall has to be my favorite album with Meddle and Animals right up there too. As far as songs there are too many good ones to mention but I will give a shout out to "See Emily Play" which is amazing. I saw The Wall movie several times when it was first released in the theatres.

Big regret is never seeing them live but I did see Roger Waters solo show twice. At the time my best friend's mother was able to get tickets before they went on sale to the general public. We scored front row center seats for Waters "Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking" tour in '85. He played 2 separate sets that night first being a collection of Pink Floyd songs. After a short break he came back and played "Pros and Cons" from start to finish. Couple years later for the "Radio Kaos" tour we weren't as lucky and only got in the 2nd row.

Not so much of a fan now. Roger Waters is over the top with his politics. I find it off putting when anyone tries to shove their politics in your face. That would go for Ted Nugent as well who's on the other side of the political fence. I don't want to hear it from him either. Just shut up and play your dang music.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not so much of a fan now. Roger Waters is over the top with his politics. I find it off putting when anyone tries to shove their politics in your face. That would go for Ted Nugent as well who's on the other side of the political fence. I don't want to hear it from him either. Just shut up and play your dang music.

This is 100% why I also stopped watching professional sports. Any professional sports! Your getting payed millions to play a game, **** and play the game. Leave you political statements, and movements off the field.

I've been to a few concerts recently(well not exactly recently thanks to covid), when the singer starts ranting about politics, I leave.

U

User1

View Badges
Just shut up and play your dang music.

Or sports, movies, etc. Welcome to the new world order sadly. Levee is going to break at some point and I sure hope I'm not around because I think it is going to be one heck of a flood...

One of my more favourite songs is by Shadow Gallery who did a 23 or so minute Floyd mix (Floydian Memories).

Rhoads238

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Pink Floyd! My favorite album is Dark Side of the Moon and favorite song is either Echoes or Brain Damage. I play the guitar and I've always thought that the second solo in comfortably numb is one of the greatest of all time. Its really not the most technical solos but it has so much emotion that its up there with the very best for me. I wish I could have seen them live

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many years ago, I bought a new stereo system and the first Lp on the turntable was Darkside. Tested out the 300 watts when my father came home. He heard it half way up the block. "Turn that down!!!" Listen to "On the Turning Away" while reading the lyrics... Awesome.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my top 5 of all time. I’m more of a Gilmour fan, though. IMHO, he had the better voice, too. Definitely prefer his solo stuff over Waters’. My favorite albums are Momentary Lapse of Reason, followed by Animals, Wish You Were Here, and Dark Side of the Moon.
I am actually the opposite, preferring Roger's solo stuff over Gilmour's.....I actually can't even listen to Gilmour's solo stuff. I wanted to like it lol. I agree though, Gilmour is a better singer and musician......he can't come close to Roger's lyrics though. Roger's voice just seems to fit the stuff he writes.

cshouston

Hoopy Frood
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am actually the opposite, preferring Roger's solo stuff over Gilmour's.....I actually can't even listen to Gilmour's solo stuff. I wanted to like it lol. I agree though, Gilmour is a better singer and musician......he can't come close to Roger's lyrics though. Roger's voice just seems to fit the stuff he writes.
I agree 100% that Roger is the superior lyricist!

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was the first Water's solo album that actually really got me hooked on his stuff. A lot of the tracks on this album sound WAY different than any of his (or Pink Floyds) previous releases. Check out this "extended release". Has a few added songs as well as extended versions of some of the existing ones.

Get Back To Radio
Radio Waves
Who Needs Information
Folded Flags
Me Or Him
Towers Of Faith
The Powers That Be
Going To Live In L.A
The Fish Report With A Beat
Sunset Strip
Home
Four Minutes
The Tide Is Turning
Pipes And Drums

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Darkside, Both

The Wall and WYWH are both nearly equally as incredible. They can never get old or outdated. Just enough synthetizer combined with classic rock instruments.
If you like the Wall, check out The Final Cut....was supposed to be "The Wall Part 2" and has both some songs that were included in the movie (but left off the studio album) as well as songs that were written for The Wall but not used.

Metalhead670

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pink Floyd are pretty good(even if Roger Waters is apparently a ******). My favorite songs are Lucifer Sam(just so catchy), Comfortably Numb(peaceful with beautiful guitar solo), and Wish You Were Here(catchy vocals and acoustics).

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 82 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back