Pink Floyd appreciation thread

blasterman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side bar, but this piano cover of Pigs on Wing by Bruno H is stunning.

Of all the Floyd Albums I've become most indifferent towards The Wall and more appreciative towards Amimals. As I've got older The Wall seems more and more as an indulgent Waters vanity project and Animals more vicious, focused and relevant.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.......reading through the music threads (and at the suggestion of @Jman76), starting a Pink Floyd appreciation thread. Gilmour or Waters (or both :)) ? Favorite Pink Floyd album? Favorite Roger Waters album? Favorite songs? We could talk about Gilmour's solo stuff also........if you want lol.

I will kick it off............favorite Floyd album by far is The Wall.....could throw in The Final Cut also since they kind of go together. Favorite Waters album surprisingly is his newest (and probably his last), Is This The Life We Really Want. They are all good though.
Piper at the gates of dawn favorite album
Scarecrow is my favorite song.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed your screename. Funny coincidence, considering the thread, or on purpose? I had always just thought water as in fish tank. lol
Actually for RWaters lol......works both ways though :)

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good ole Waters lol. Hes a passionate one. Im a big fan of Ummagumma, hard to find an album i dont like by the band, or solo work. So that being said, and knowing theyre all great, what is your least favorite Floyd album?
Hmmm.....that is a tough one. Would probably be Atom Heart Mother.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Side bar, but this piano cover of Pigs on Wing by Bruno H is stunning.

Of all the Floyd Albums I've become most indifferent towards The Wall and more appreciative towards Amimals. As I've got older The Wall seems more and more as an indulgent Waters vanity project and Animals more vicious, focused and relevant.

Very cool...thanks for posting. The Wall and The Final Cut are probably my two favorite Floyd album but yes, I agree, they are definitely a Waters project. The Final Cut, although the final Floyd album with Roger, is listed as a Roger Waters album "with" Pink Floyd. Albums like Dark Side and Animals are pretty timeless and will always be relevant.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL man his new stuff is NOTHING like the old stuff. Everything has changed. No longer thought provoking as I said. Just spew.
You would be suprised......one of his solo albums Pros and Cons of Hitchiking was written with Pink Floyd and was supposed to be released instead of The Wall. Gilmore thought Pros and Cons was better musically but the rest of the band wanted to do The Wall instead. It was finally released in 84 as a solo album.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My all time favorite..... Mother.

No idea why either, that song just speaks to me. Just found a recent rendition from may of last year during covid. Man waters has gotten old, and he looks to be in pain when singing.

Yeah, he doesn't have much touring left in him I think lol. He actually did several of these Covid videos, all of which were pretty good. He did Two Suns in the Sunset which I liked also.

Jman76

Keeper of Greens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, he doesn't have much touring left in him I think lol. He actually did several of these Covid videos, all of which were pretty good. He did Two Suns in the Sunset which I liked also.
That 2 Sons video was really good, Final Cut is way up there for me

shartpants007

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tend to prefer Gilmour. The Wall is definitely a great album and it was my favorite for a while, but now I think I like Meddle and Animals more. Definitely a great band.

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Waters
Don’t know if you saw it but Roger Waters is playing in Columbus on Aug. 10th.
Haven’t seen anything for Cleveland yet.

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Waters
Don’t know if you saw it but Roger Waters is playing in Columbus on Aug. 10th.
Haven’t seen anything for Cleveland yet.I
I did.......I actually ended up buying tickets for opening night in Pittsburgh. That is the closest to my location in Northeast Ohio unfortunately. I was REALLY hoping he was coming to Cleveland which would have made it much easier. You going?

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did.......I actually ended up buying tickets for opening night in Pittsburgh. That is the closest to my location in Northeast Ohio unfortunately. I was REALLY hoping he was coming to Cleveland which would have made it much easier. You going?
Just an FYI, Brit Floyd is 10x better than Roger waters. Maybe he was good when you but he has puts no heart into his music

OP
OP
Waters

Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an FYI, Brit Floyd is 10x better than Roger waters. Maybe he was good when you but he has puts no heart into his music
I have seen them both..........while Brit Floyd is good, and probably sounds more like original Floyd (strictly due to their vocals), I would still rather see Waters. Heart is one thing that Waters still has lol.....unfortunately it is 100% political, but hasn't it always been when it comes to his music?

Eggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I probably will go. Saw him in Columbus on the last tour a few years ago.
Thought I heard that is will be his last tour.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 27 27.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back