Pink lemonade acropora not opening up...

whitelightning77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2013
Messages
482
Reaction score
534
Location
S. Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would cause an established sps colony to not open up? In my case it's about a 3 or 4 yr old colony I grew from a frag. About 2 weeks ago I noticed it wasn't showing PE like it normally did. I'm starting to worry now that it's been a few weeks.

Alk 8
Calc 415
Mag 1400
N03 20
P04 0.4

I know my nutrients are a bit high, but they've always been this high. So no real changes recently. I did have a doser malfunction about a month ago where it dumped about 20 gals of kalkwasser solution to the tank. It's a 300 gal system so alk really only went up 1dkh to 9 and ph to 8.4 for a day.

attached is a pic of the colony in question and then a pic of a similar coral (pinky the bear) with normal PE. Is there a dip anyone had luck with for helping a coral recover? Its easily accessed to a can do a few dips. I don't "see" any parasites like red bugs or worms on it.
20250104_153628.jpg
20250104_153632.jpg
 
I've no real advice for you, except to mention that I have found sometimes that a water change will help perk up a coral that's been gloomy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new