Pink Soft Coral - Can Anyone ID?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dan13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dan13

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2018
Messages
33
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Got a pink soft coral from a friend who did not want it anymore. Have no idea what coral it is, and neither did they! They had it for 3 years and it grew from a single branch about 5cm long to this huge monster.

I do not think it is a Kenya Tree as I have one of those and it is not even remotely similar.

View attachment 20181104_215922.jpg
 
It looks completely different to the Kenya Tree that I already have.....
 
Love your bubble tip anemone. Yea, looks like a kenya tree to me too. Maybe it looks different cause its so big? I dont know lol.
Ive had a kenya tree in my 20g tank that is growing very slowly even though theyre known to spread quick o_O
 
Well I guess it is just another type of Kenya Tree then. Even the polyps do not look the same, hence why I did not think it was another Kenya Tree.

Thanks for the compliment on the BTA :) I picked him up yesterday along with that "Kenya Tree" and a mushroom.
 
@tdileo You are a winner. Looking online, everything about this coral looks the same as the Colt Coral. The growing pattern, the polyps, colour, everything. Knew it wasn't a Kenya Tree
 
They say the colt coral is kind if slimy to the touch, and Kenya tree is more leathery. Test it :)
 
They say the colt coral is kind if slimy to the touch, and Kenya tree is more leathery. Test it :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new