Pipefish hooked on my filter, doesn't move during feeding time

viernes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 2 pipefish in my tank. They've been in there for about a month now and get along with every single tankmate. The tank is a 55g, that houses 2 pipefish, 1 melanarus wrasse, 1 occelaris clown, 1 firefish, and 1 royal gramma. Today when I woke up, one of the pipefish was hooked onto the bottom of the filter (just holding onto it without being sucked in or anything). He's been staying like that since I woke up and hasn't even moved during feeding time. Is he just chilling or is it something more then that? Thanks in advance for help!

Dolphins18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have 2 pipefish in my tank. They've been in there for about a month now and get along with every single tankmate. The tank is a 55g, that houses 2 pipefish, 1 melanarus wrasse, 1 occelaris clown, 1 firefish, and 1 royal gramma. Today when I woke up, one of the pipefish was hooked onto the bottom of the filter (just holding onto it without being sucked in or anything). He's been staying like that since I woke up and hasn't even moved during feeding time. Is he just chilling or is it something more then that? Thanks in advance for help!
Welcome to R2R! I do not know very much about pipefish but I think @Paul B has kept them for a while and he may have some advice.

jmanrow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully you are feeding the pipefish live food such as Live fortified brine shrimp, daphnia, and amphipods. If they are wild caught and haven't been acclimated to frozen Mysis shrimp, good supply of life food, and the other future not competing for food before the pipefish can get any.
Pipefish and seahorses do best with regular and frequent water changes.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do you have pic to show how it is hooked ?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 119 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back