Pipefish with emerald crab?

joeman829

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2022
Messages
123
Reaction score
37
Location
Yapank
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking to add a pipefish to my 24 gal nano, my lfs has a blue banded pipefish that is eating mystis that I want to pick up, but I’m concerned because I have a big emerald crab in my tank. I also have 2 mini carpet nems and 3 RFA, 2 porcelain crabs, fire shrimp, yasha goby/ pistol pair, clown, and chalk bass. Also wondering if any of these guys don’t mix. Thanks
 
The pipefish will be fine with the crab. They do startle and get spooked easily by anemones, though.
Will the nems bother it too much for me to be able to get it?
 
Will the nems bother it too much for me to be able to get it?
Depends on the anemone. I had one shoot straight up out of a tank when its tail touched a tube anemone... The biggest challenge will be feeding - as they're closer to seahorses than fish.
 
Depends on the anemone. I had one shoot straight up out of a tank when its tail touched a tube anemone... The biggest challenge will be feeding - as they're closer to seahorses than fish.
Ok, I might be safe cuz their RFA and mini carpets but I’ll look into it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 12.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new