Pisces EXO makes a splash!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I have a marineland 65 gal tank. It’s top dimensions are 36”x18”.
So it’s same size tank as the marineland 40g breeder(but deeper) except it has a center brace. Similar to the 90g that has a brace but that one is 48”x18 long.

Wasn’t sure if I need to order a complete custom designed lid? Can you modify a 40 or 90 lid to fit my tank if I’m going with a tsunami style? Or is that as much work as building the 65 lid from scratch? I was thinking the 90 lid just has to be 6” shorter on each section. Thought I could save a few bucks

Also I have he corner overflow, I assume that doesn’t affect measurements at all? Looks like it is below the frame so it wouldn’t affect a lid? I currently have a lid that I made from hardware door screen kit and overflow doesn’t touch it.

Thank you
The footprint from the 65 to the 40 is different.

All of our measurements need to be internal, as our lids rest inside the rim of your tank.
We do have a Custom Lids product page for any tank not listed on our site (excluding bow front tanks). Pricing on the Custom Lids page is set up to be on par with other lids for which we already have programming files, so the price difference is usually within $2 either direction.

Modifying an existing lid program would be the same amount of work and potentially less accurate than a custom build, but again, the pricing is comparable to other lids of the same sizing.

On the product page, below the description is a lid square footage calculator, this will allow you to find the sizing, on the same page you can select your lid style, correct size and add all needed customizations.

**overflow must be at least 1/4" below the rim of the tank or it will require a large cut out.

If you have any questions, please reach out via email [email protected] Replies are quick on business days, and usually at least a base reply on the weekends (customer service is Monday-Friday), as I do not appreciate a communication backlog.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only recommendation id have for future EXO is instead of having all corners made for cord cutouts. I understand its easier but The front of the top shouldnt have cut corners. I lost a Wrasse today as it jumped out only spot it has to jump is small corner cut where no cord is going through it. its abummer. nice expensive top. major flaw for my tank! ;(

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only recommendation id have for future EXO is instead of having all corners made for cord cutouts. I understand its easier but The front of the top shouldnt have cut corners. I lost a Wrasse today as it jumped out only spot it has to jump is small corner cut where no cord is going through it. its abummer. nice expensive top. major flaw for my tank! ;(
I do thank you for your feed back on this cord slot issue. I have a number of orders at all times for cord slots at the front corners. Personally, I would not like cords at the front of my tank. We will take this into consideration in a future generation of the Pisces. In the meantime, please email me at [email protected] and let me see what I can do to get that fixed up for you. This is Kerri, same person you spoke with throughout your ordering/programming period. As you know, I like to solve problems and make sure you get exactly what you need.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I would like to help prevent any additional losses.

PhilT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a different lid than clear view, I had cutout made for Radeon lightmounts. Pretty close but there is a little space around the mounts. I just use some filter floss to fill in the gaps to play it safe. not very visible.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a different lid than clear view, I had cutout made for Radeon lightmounts. Pretty close but there is a little space around the mounts. I just use some filter floss to fill in the gaps to play it safe. not very visible.
Thanks for the idea. I actually been slapping packing tape on the front corners which looks terrible but it is what it is. Right now just for safety I got my homemade eggcrate/acrylic netting top. I dont want my pintail to take the leap.

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do thank you for your feed back on this cord slot issue. I have a number of orders at all times for cord slots at the front corners. Personally, I would not like cords at the front of my tank. We will take this into consideration in a future generation of the Pisces. In the meantime, please email me at [email protected] and let me see what I can do to get that fixed up for you. This is Kerri, same person you spoke with throughout your ordering/programming period. As you know, I like to solve problems and make sure you get exactly what you need.

I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I would like to help prevent any additional losses.
Per your advice, we have edited our programming for all EXO lids to exclude the cord slots in the front and are replacing yours, as you know. Thank you so much for your valuable feed back and for allowing us to fix the issue for you!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a Red Sea 350 Pisces EXO with the optional inserts from a fantastic customer who was wonderful and shared some pics with us!
rsr350P natural light.jpg
rsr350P with inserts.jpg
rsr350P with inserts2.jpg

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Per your advice, we have edited our programming for all EXO lids to exclude the cord slots in the front and are replacing yours, as you know. Thank you so much for your valuable feed back and for allowing us to fix the issue for you!
I received the corners 2 days ago. I need to pick up the spline tool and then research how to safety remove the corners without snapping them. Will update when I get it done!

OP
OP
ArtFully Acrylic

ArtFully Acrylic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the benefit to using the optional inserts? Prevent excessive evap?
Yes. The EXO lid frame is fully vented and when paired with the insert kit, allows for some gas flow exchange while preventing evaporation across the majority of the display area.

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved my Pisces EXO when I first got it, but now I hate it. My buddy got an EXO too because of me and salt creeps between the puzzle pieces. Wish I got the regular instead

schaNYC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I loved my Pisces EXO when I first got it, but now I hate it. My buddy got an EXO too because of me and salt creeps between the puzzle pieces. Wish I got the regular instead
Have to agree. There is still a good amount of salt creep where the jigsaw puzzle locks are. I also think the existing template for Red Sea reefer 250 has to be tightened up. Lost a blue star leopard wrasse toward the back I assume as that’s where I found it on the floor.

Shaka_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have to agree. There is still a good amount of salt creep where the jigsaw puzzle locks are. I also think the existing template for Red Sea reefer 250 has to be tightened up. Lost a blue star leopard wrasse toward the back I assume as that’s where I found it on the floor.
A couple of proofs

Attachments

• 725C838E-D137-4842-BA44-93385B90BB38.jpeg
    725C838E-D137-4842-BA44-93385B90BB38.jpeg
    100.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 47356E13-A2E7-41DC-ADE6-5DA1C5CC3A1C.jpeg
    47356E13-A2E7-41DC-ADE6-5DA1C5CC3A1C.jpeg
    125.4 KB · Views: 112
  • FE6319D8-D1F4-44AE-A6ED-4A80B918AA68.jpeg
    FE6319D8-D1F4-44AE-A6ED-4A80B918AA68.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 106

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back