Pistol shrimp and cleaner shrimp?

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i have a cleaner and a tiger pistol/ yellow watchman pair for like 5months in my fluval 13gal and zero issues. they all get along fine

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a cleaner and a tiger pistol/ yellow watchman pair for like 5months in my fluval 13gal and zero issues. they all get along fine

Thats reassuring that no issues in a smaller tank so a slightly bigger tank should be ok

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you know what one looks like lol but this only picture i got in bag.
I asked mrs to video wrasse as i put it in as i knew it probably go straight into sand,told her be quick but she wasnt expecting it to be so quick to nose dive into sandbed so missed it ^_^

Attachments

• 20210528_161251.jpg
    20210528_161251.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 60

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ohh yellow coris wrasse! Either way, should all be okay.

He should return to the same sleeping spot. Shrimp should be able to work around him.

GL to you on the system!

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah this was one the reasons what put me off getting a pistol as i love wrasses and want leadt one or maybe 2.and im thinking what would happen if wrasse dive bombed down into sand bed right into a tunnel.but im guessing/ well hoping they all work out where each other is and sort it out between them.
But wrasses and blennies i love the look/ activity of these guys ^_^

I actually had the opposite happen. My shrimp was being overly industrious one night and accidentally dug up the wrasse! Never saw any reaction from the fish, I assume she just kept sleeping, but that shrimp teleported back to his home base faster than you'd believe! He stopped making that area of the tank part of his rounds. ;Hilarious

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohh yellow coris wrasse! Either way, should all be okay.

He should return to the same sleeping spot. Shrimp should be able to work around him.

GL to you on the system!
Thanks very much for your encouragment and reassuring. Take care speak another time ^_^

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually had the opposite happen. My shrimp was being overly industrious one night and accidentally dug up the wrasse! Never saw any reaction from the fish, I assume she just kept sleeping, but that shrimp teleported back to his home base faster than you'd believe! He stopped making that area of the tank part of his rounds. ;Hilarious
That would been entertaining to watch ^_^
Shrimp be like what the heck this wrapped in a cocoon.
I just been watching one my hermits come down off the rocks onto sand bed and he slowly walking towards where pistol/ goby was then all sudden turned around and went away from goby.im thinking the hermit couldn't see shrimp down hole he dug but maybe hermit sensed it idk.either way he back tracked ^_^

Calm Blue Ocean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would been entertaining to watch ^_^
Shrimp be like what the heck this wrapped in a cocoon.
I just been watching one my hermits come down off the rocks onto sand bed and he slowly walking towards where pistol/ goby was then all sudden turned around and went away from goby.im thinking the hermit couldn't see shrimp down hole he dug but maybe hermit sensed it idk.either way he back tracked ^_^

The odd time I've had a hermit end up in the goby/shrimp cave, the shrimp has simply tossed it back out. Things that crawl around don't make very good tunnel reinforcements! I had a goby that would actually grab snails and drag them into the cave, for what purpose, I'm not sure, but the shrimp would just toss them out again. Funny to watch because sometimes this "arguing" over the snail could go on for several rounds. Goby and Pistol Shrimp combos are one of my favorites and I have a pair in both my 10g and 50g. And for your original question, I don't have classic cleaner shrimps but I do have two peppermints and there has never been an issue between them.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The odd time I've had a hermit end up in the goby/shrimp cave, the shrimp has simply tossed it back out. Things that crawl around don't make very good tunnel reinforcements! I had a goby that would actually grab snails and drag them into the cave, for what purpose, I'm not sure, but the shrimp would just toss them out again. Funny to watch because sometimes this "arguing" over the snail could go on for several rounds. Goby and Pistol Shrimp combos are one of my favorites and I have a pair in both my 10g and 50g. And for your original question, I don't have classic cleaner shrimps but I do have two peppermints and there has never been an issue between them.

Wow thats amazing.well not for the snail ( poor little bugger) but goby says here go take this snail and shrimp says thanks but no thanks lets just leave it and stop bring me sh## lol
Glad i seen this as eventually i will be getting snails that also go in sand and turn the sand over for me and wondered what would happen if snail burrowed into shrimp tunnel.
But i hope they all know where everyone is and just get around it somehow ^_^

CavalierReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tiger Pistol Shrimp and a Wheeler's goby in a 32 BIocube with a pair of scarlet shrimp and a pair of peppermint shrimp. More shrimp than fish. :) I also have a McCosker's flasher wrasse who doesn't sleep in the sand and a pair of da Vinci Clownfish. They all get along very well. The shrimp is semi-blind so he occasionally picks up a snail but always brings it back where he got it. My only problem is the he/she covers my zoas with sand sometimes and I totally lost a chalice coral that he buried.

Attachments

• Bart and Ruger IV_edited.jpg
    Bart and Ruger IV_edited.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 61

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 70 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back