Pistol shrimp location

  • Thread starter Thread starter BXNES
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BXNES

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2026
Messages
5
Reaction score
5
Location
Bay city
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So about a week ago I added a tiger pistol shrimp to my tank and then I had realized that the wood on the stand my tank was on was starting to give out , I then built a new stand and swapped my tank over to the new stand well after returning the water to the tank I realized that I had caved in my goby and pistol shrimps burrow and in a panic I lifted up the rock they were under to set them free… while doing so the epoxy in my aquascape gave out so I had to re putty it, I noticed the pistol shrimp go under a rock before I put everything back together so I was very careful but I’m still worried I may have possibly crushed him as I haven’t seen no signs of him in over a week now, I added a ywg the other day and the poor lil guy just hides under the side of a rock, like I said it’s been a little over a week and I haven’t seen any sand movement, no burrows/new burrows and I have been going out to the tank a couple hours after the lights turn off every night to try to listen for him but have not heard anything so at this point I’m unsure if it would cause more harm to try to lift the rock up once again to try to confirm if I crushed him or not any advice would be greatly appreciated
20260406_011817_E368376E-7AA1-4919-A38D-A638FC0C7920.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new