Pistol shrimp problem

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve tried everything to catch a pistol shrimp that i cant id because i still haven’t seen it that came in on some rock so im wondering can i just put a goby in there and see if it finds it and pairs with it and i was also wondering if i put a big pistol shrimp in there like a tiger pistol shrimp will the tiger pistol find it and kill it or is there and other fish or invert that will find it and kill it?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
How did you find out where it was and how did you know it was a mantis?
I started at tank center where the clicking sound was most distinct

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fishywishy

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the rock that it’s in and put it in a separate bucket so now how do I get it out? hypo dip didn’t work last time so I don’t imagine it’s going to work this time.

Upvote 0

PGD123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found the rock that it’s in and put it in a separate bucket so now how do I get it out? hypo dip didn’t work last time so I don’t imagine it’s going to work this time.
its going to get hungry, keep the water in the bucket aerated, after a day or two put a piece of shrimp off to the side, it should come out to feed...?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
fishywishy

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read the other things you said, thought you found the rock it was in and were able to catch it.
I had two pistols and a mantis so every time i put the rock I thought it was in in a bucket i would still hear something click in the tank and it drove me crazy so i gave up. Eventually i saw the mantis and one of the pistols and removed them but theres still one left and since theres only one left i don't hear clicking very often so i don't bother removing it.

Upvote 0

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back