Pistol shrimp snapping at goby?

nrm2202

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
Location
WI
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I’ve had a wheeler goby in my 13.5 gallon tank for a couple of weeks now and yesterday I picked up a candy pistol shrimp from my lfs and added him to the tank. When I first added him (after acclimating) he hid in a small hole in a rock and it took him around 24 hours to come out. My goby already had a small burrow underneath a rock that he hangs out in, and I noticed the shrimp made his way into this hole. Now I’ve seen the goby try and enter the hole and hear the pistol snap, followed by the goby quickly rushing out. Since then the goby has seemed hesitant to return to the hole.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? From a lot of what I’ve seen people have had shrimp and gobies pair quickly with no problem, and can find almost no one saying the shrimp acts aggressive towards their goby. Is this something I should be worried about, and is it likely the shrimp will harm/kill the goby?
 
Ya the pistol will not alow the goby back in as they are very territorial my pistol even goes after snails that are to close to his home

Aka that is pretty normal behavior for a pistol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new