Placement for montipora spongeode

They are very versatile in what they can adapt to. I've seen them growing in high light/high flow and moderate light/moderate flow. Not really as much in the low light/low flow regions of tanks though. A pretty fun montipora as it branches, plates, encrusts, etc.
 
Give it a lot of space. They tend to encrust quite a bit. They aren't very aggressive but will kill other corals like birdsnest. Mine does that but it tends to die when near other montis and my garf bonsai acro.
 
Mine is in high flow and intense lighting. It’s body is purple for some reason. It’s one of the only montipora I can grow that doesn’t die on me. It’s not much now but I’m seeing growth every day. It’s about 2’ below a metal halide 14 k bulb .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new