Placement of multiple Favias

Pezking182

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

I have 3 types of favia frags and I was wondering if they can be close to each other or not. If not, How do you place your favia frags? I dont want them to fight but i also dont want to put them on the rockwork yet. The war coral is encrusting on the rock about 4 inches above the sand.

I have a Christmas Tree Favia, Dragon Soul Favia, and PPE Favia.

The Chalice also puts out some significant Sweepers at night. TIA

IMG_20200114_173753_2.jpg

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dis Claimer :) I am not a Pro , but I have a bunch of them in my tank ,, I have the nicest ones on their own frag plugs ,, I am using 4" plugs for the nicest ones ,, I have some mounted the bottom of my scape and giving them plenty of room to grow, nothing around them ,, lighting is a big deal ,, some can take a bit more light ,, some like less light ,,, you just have to figure out who likes what ,,

Some ,, jmo ,, like the Ultron have short sweepers ,, some like a Babys Breath have long sweepers, I have seen 1 1/2" sweepers on my Baby Breath Favia, can they get longer, I don't know, but I haven't seen them longer ,, I have read those sweepers have a pretty good bite to them ,, I am doing my best to try and not find out :)

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 39 37.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.9%
Back