Placement/ white on candy cane

  • Thread starter Thread starter OGReeferTY
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

OGReeferTY

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 11, 2020
Messages
196
Reaction score
38
Location
Texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My candy cane looks like it is getting white on the tips. Also trying to see if my coral placement is decent. Not too much growth yet. Running a a prime 13 with pennywise 81 dead lights. So running 60% max. This is a waterbox 40.1. 25 gallon DT with a 15 sump.

IMG_1771.jpeg IMG_1772.jpeg
 
Do you mean AI Prime 16? I would turn up the light, I have AI Prime on a 15 gallon softie tank (mushrooms and zoa's) set at 70%.

Also make sure they all have enough flow, I think I see only the return in your tank? Just a return IMO is usually not sufficient by itself, needs powerheads. (my 15 gallon softie tank has 2 powerheads)

Maybe you can share your parameters?
 
My candy cane looks like it is getting white on the tips. Also trying to see if my coral placement is decent. Not too much growth yet. Running a a prime 13 with pennywise 81 dead lights. So running 60% max. This is a waterbox 40.1. 25 gallon DT with a 15 sump.

IMG_1771.jpeg IMG_1772.jpeg
Likely Ai Prime 15 and try this"

White 14
Blue 65
violet 70
green and red 4

Assure Phos level not elevated and calcium not below 400
 
Do you mean AI Prime 16? I would turn up the light, I have AI Prime on a 15 gallon softie tank (mushrooms and zoa's) set at 70%.

Also make sure they all have enough flow, I think I see only the return in your tank? Just a return IMO is usually not sufficient by itself, needs powerheads. (my 15 gallon softie tank has 2 powerheads)

Maybe you can share your parameters?
It’s not the HD that’s why I said 13, for the 13 leds not 16 lol.
 
Likely Ai Prime 15 and try this"

White 14
Blue 65
violet 70
green and red 4

Assure Phos level not elevated and calcium not below 400
Bout to check parameters now. I do have kalkwasser in my ato so my calc shouldn’t be too low.
 
Do you mean AI Prime 16? I would turn up the light, I have AI Prime on a 15 gallon softie tank (mushrooms and zoa's) set at 70%.

Also make sure they all have enough flow, I think I see only the return in your tank? Just a return IMO is usually not sufficient by itself, needs powerheads. (my 15 gallon softie tank has 2 powerheads)

Maybe you can share your parameters?
Also I have a ai Nero 3 on right side of glass shooting cross length
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 62

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new