Placing coral

doesitwork

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 29, 2021
Messages
35
Reaction score
19
Location
Tampa
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently upgraded to a large tank. 34” deep and 30” depth. It’s viewable on 3 sides, how do yall with deep tanks starch coral? I’m used to 16”. Any tips appreciated I have lots of low/sps to move once it’s ready.
 
My tank is 21" deep. I made a lot of my rockwork from Aragocrete. There are also some companies that will make rockscapes for you.
 
Hi, thanks for your response. I have the rockscapes done. Tanks up and running it’s just still not fully through the got stages yet. I’m trying to figure out the best way to apply coral to the tank without getting soaked or introducing more material/chemicals to the tank that don’t belong.

I saw a video where someone used a grabber pole, can’t figure out how I can apply a drag without damaging it. Haha
 
Ohhhh. Gotcha! Yeah, I have a 31" tall planted freshwater tank. Using tongs, I'm usually still almost to my armpit in the tank.

With corals, you've got the frag plug to grip which plants do not have. However, if there's not a good hole for it to slip into easily, good luck.

With my current 21" deep reef, I still use tongs on the frag plugs but I also have frag plug holes built into all of my rock work.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new