Placing new Nem, shut flow off??

CincyReefer07

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
421
Reaction score
623
Location
Cincinnati
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just picked up my first nem, an orange tip BTA. Should I shut all flow off in the aquarium for a little bit to place it where I want it in hopes it will attach. Then turn powerheads and pumps back on once it seems it’s attached?
 
I would put. It under a concave snap rock. Pinch it between rock and sand. If healthy, it will attach to the rock. Then you can move it to wherever you want.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new