Placing Waterbox 230.6 on second floor

tenor (2).gif


Welcome to R2R!!
This is a Great place for info and Help
 
I think I would have an engineer look at it..load bearing wall helps..but if builder took short cuts could be issues
 
Nice planning, pictures and layout !!!

welcome25.gif
 
Welcome to R2R!!!
You have received very sound advice so far.
Get a structural engineer to evaluate but they will likely give you the green light if placed perpendicular to the joists and against a load bearing wall. As has already been stated, it will be dependent upon the quality of the workmanship of the builder. I do home inspections and I have stories of some of the things I see. It is what you can't see that bites you in the rump.
Keep us posted.
Share and like often!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new