Plague of tiny black worms

DaDom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the past few weeks, I have been plagued by an infestation of these tiny black worms that cover every surface in the tank, and are so numerous that you see lots of them simply floating in the water column constantly. They don't seem to be doing anything bad, and I would just ignore them, if only they weren't so many. Any tips on what they could be, and how they could be dealt with?(without livestock or large costs)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
For the past few weeks, I have been plagued by an infestation of these tiny black worms that cover every surface in the tank, and are so numerous that you see lots of them simply floating in the water column constantly. They don't seem to be doing anything bad, and I would just ignore them, if only they weren't so many. Any tips on what they could be, and how they could be dealt with?(without livestock or large costs)

Thees are detritus worms and an indication of either overfeeding or a lack of maintenance. Increase water change intervals and decrease amount fed. some wrasses such as 6 lined, yellow coris and lunare should eat them as well as red coris but beware of red coris who likes to flip frags and coral all day

OP
OP
DaDom

DaDom

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thees are detritus worms and an indication of either overfeeding or a lack of maintenance. Increase water change intervals and decrease amount fed. some wrasses such as 6 lined, yellow coris and lunare should eat them as well as red coris but beware of red coris who likes to flip frags and coral all day
Ahh, thanks for the info. Appreciate it. Will try to up my maintenance. Makes sense now cause I was overfeeding trying to raise nittatrs via heavier feeding to seemingly no avail.

Back