Plan for an H Maginifica

  • Thread starter Thread starter horseplay
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

horseplay

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 9, 2013
Messages
174
Reaction score
79
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS have a few of these available and generally they look health. I have Cipro and QT tank ready to go but I want to observe first. Can I put it in a fish trap (4" x 4" x 6") in the DT for a few days during the observation period? Or I should just put it on the rock directly? Is it difficult to remove like a bubble tip nem?
 
LFS have a few of these available and generally they look health. I have Cipro and QT tank ready to go but I want to observe first. Can I put it in a fish trap (4" x 4" x 6") in the DT for a few days during the observation period? Or I should just put it on the rock directly? Is it difficult to remove like a bubble tip nem?
I typically observe new mags and use a 12" pond plant basket. I have put healty looking ones directly in my nem tank as well. Removal is easy with mags if they do show signs of being sick. They typically do not bury their foot, so with some patience, they can be easily removed. You can also use a nem cannon to remove them. Just take a slightly larger pipe to place over them.

Either way, glad you have stuff on hand to treat if needed. If you do get one, keep us updated on how it does. Mags are one of my top 2 nems, so always like to see them do well in our glass boxes.
 
Thanks Steve. I do have a basket I used for a floating refugium in my sump.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new