Planet Aquarium?

Jasontkd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at upgrading in the next 6 months to 1 year. I am looking at planet aquarium. I am wondering if these ever go on sale. I didn't know if they did any black friday stuff or if they ran a sale at any point in the year. If so, I will just pick one up when they do. If not, I know what to plan for

reefnfun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had them build me a custom tank. I am very happy with it. I cannot help you with the sale questions. I could have gotten the same tank for 700.00 cheaper at glasscages but am very glad I didn't . I hope this helps.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fixed pricing... but hand built in Arlington, Texas USA. Yes... The United States of America. Yes HAND BUILT.

The #1 LFS in my area has a sales floor full of them. The quality of the glass is mind blowing.

The husband/wife LFS owners are at every conference and are well known among our hobbys Mfgrs ELITES. They do not put up with crap. They don't sell crap. They have an entire sales floor of Planet tanks.

Every Planet tank I've put my hands on is absolutely 5-Star quality. Just running my hand along the craftsmanship is amazing.

I've even looked up close and at length the silicone job along the seams. 5-Star quality. Planet tanks are the Mercedes-Benz

Next month I'm dropping $2,500 on a Planet tank 72x24x30 with taller stand. I think its worth every penny of $2,500 in quality construction alone.

Last edited:

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planet aquarium is also what my LFS carries. And they’re what I’ll be going with when I get my 240g. My reasons? I don’t need a custom tank, and the price of the 240g I want (96x24x24) is a good $300 less than the other tank makers I’ve looked at. That and PA’s tank are just solid and look very clean.

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only saw them once when I was on vaca and stopped in to WWC. Like @skimjim I was very impressed with the build quality. I wish I had a store like he was describing close to me, if I was going to buy a new tank it would be a PA.

GQuinn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Planet Mega Matrix 150. I know this is there cheaper tank, but mine bows at least an 1/8 inch in the middle when full. When I contacted them they said this was normal. Makes me nervous every time I look at it. I wouldnt buy from them again.

Davileet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 250 gallon Planet Aquarium custom tank that I have had for probably going on 5 years now. Love the tank. Build quality is very good in my opinion. Would purchase from again. This is my tank on their custom build page.

If you are within traveling distance to Richmond, VA, Joe at Fish World is great to deal with when ordering a tank.

1596676869408.png

MikeIkerson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fixed pricing... but hand built in Arlington, Texas USA. Yes... The United States of America. Yes HAND BUILT.

The #1 LFS in my area has a sales floor full of them. The quality of the glass is mind blowing.

The husband/wife LFS owners are at every conference and are well known among our hobbys Mfgrs ELITES. They do not put up with crap. They don't sell crap. They have an entire sales floor of Planet tanks.

Every Planet tank I've put my hands on is absolutely 5-Star quality. Just running my hand along the craftsmanship is amazing.

I've even looked up close and at length the silicone job along the seams. 5-Star quality. Planet tanks are the Mercedes-Benz

Next month I'm dropping $2,500 on a Planet tank 72x24x30 with taller stand. I think its worth every penny of $2,500 in quality construction alone.

Is it funny that before I even looked at your profile I knew you were talking about Aquarium Artisans? I just got my 130 planet aquarium reef crystalline from them and am very happy with it.

manohack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if I live in Texas do I able to buy direct from planet aquariums or still have to go through the LFS? Any information? Thanks

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it funny that before I even looked at your profile I knew you were talking about Aquarium Artisans? I just got my 130 planet aquarium reef crystalline from them and am very happy with it.

I got my 180 from them. Great workmanship on the tank. Built like a "tank"!

Floribraska

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if I live in Texas do I able to buy direct from planet aquariums or still have to go through the LFS? Any information? Thanks

Generally they will want you to go through one of their Authorized Retailers, even if you are in DFW. It's not a big deal. Great tanks and a great company, highly recommend.

thewalkingdad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The issue of going through a retailer has been the single largest issue with setting up a new tank. I don't have any authorized retailers within quite a distance. So, if PA only ships to retailers, I still have to figure out how to get the tank home. Luckily, I've found a retailer who travels through my town often enough that they are going to be bringing it up to me.

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IME they're quite expensive, but they are good quality tanks.

rmay6850

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I jay put up a 150 from them and very happy. Actually Joe from Fishworld ordered and installed mine as well, great job.

TexasLongshot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I know this forum is a bit old however I do want to say this, I will never order a Planet Aquarium Tank, I live in Dallas, called them told them I'm looking for a tank to build they said "We don't build deal with the Public call your LFS then hung up", I said no way they can't be this rude called back again different person this time and said "Sorry we don't sell to the public" then hung up. So I called my LFS and said well I guess I'll save in shipping, I was looking at a tank 48-36-24, these guys bump it up to 48-36-26 then quote my $4,086, They are higher the Bob Marley in 1969. Called planet aquarium thinking there's just no way then they go, call another LFS and have it quoted, we don't deal with the pubic. Then HUNG UP. Rather save up another two grand and go with Reef Savvy, or order a tank from Miracle's or Coast 2 Coast with shipping same tank comes out to cheaper.

Davileet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this forum is a bit old however I do want to say this, I will never order a Planet Aquarium Tank, I live in Dallas, called them told them I'm looking for a tank to build they said "We don't build deal with the Public call your LFS then hung up", I said no way they can't be this rude called back again different person this time and said "Sorry we don't sell to the public" then hung up. So I called my LFS and said well I guess I'll save in shipping, I was looking at a tank 48-36-24, these guys bump it up to 48-36-26 then quote my $4,086, They are higher the Bob Marley in 1969. Called planet aquarium thinking there's just no way then they go, call another LFS and have it quoted, we don't deal with the pubic. Then HUNG UP. Rather save up another two grand and go with Reef Savvy, or order a tank from Miracle's or Coast 2 Coast with shipping same tank comes out to cheaper.

Its been a few years since I ordered my tank, but that price you got quoted seems like a very inflated price, hence their recommendation to ask another LFS. About 5 years ago when I ordered my tank, I got a euro style 60x36x26 tank for $2100 shipped I believe it was. It seems the price you were given was probably double what they were told. I have had some luck speaking with Planet Aquariums through the Facebook messenger, sometimes a bit delayed responses, but they have been decent enough.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back