Planet Aquariums?

reef boy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all, my 180 gallon reef tank needs to be replaced and I would like to upgrade now that I've had that tank for 5 years. Does anyone have any experience with Planet Aquariums mega matrix tanks?

Thank you and happy reefing!

Scorpius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LFS uses them. They had Planet Aquariums make all their tanks for the entire store all custom made.

55NEVER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 270 gallon mega-matrix, the tank overall is a pretty good tank. The dimensions of my tank are 84.5L x 30.5w x 25H. The silicone work is a little sloppy in certain areas around the frame and bracing but was cleanly done in the tank and overflow box. My tank is cross braced, with aluminum frame support. The biggest issue that I had with my tank was when planet aquariums routed out the stand for the plumbing, they didn't allow enough room for the bulk head nut to be tightened up. Luckily I was smart and payed for Ward's Aquatics to install and plumb my tank. It had to be routed and trimmed up on sight. This should never have happened when you spend over $6000.00 for tank, stand, and canopy. Also, tank had a couple of scratches on the side panel of glass, I am still waiting on planet to reimburse me some money for the mishap. Not bashing planet though because it is a nice tank, reef savvy quoted me $8800.00 for just the tank and probably 2yrs on the waiting list.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back