• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Planet Zoa Unboxing Video; Pics, Vids, Write-Up!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,

I hope the effort I took to make this review is worth it and you guys read/watch it!
It's long, but all the more to show the effort I'm willing to go through to be thorough and probably the best way for a customer to show their appreciation.

I always take the time to do a proper review for people whom I have pleasure doing business with and Travis, the man behind Planet Zoa, is definitely up there with my other favorite places to get my coral fix from. I've already done a review with my first order from him, around the time when he first opened his official business ( https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/ve...t-zoanthid-coral-feedback-pictures-great.html ) so look there for pictures.

But honestly, what's better than pics? Videos! So this time I've made a review video for Travis to show everyone exactly what you can expect from a top-notch seller like him.

A little back story:
I saw all of the insane packs that Travis was posting for such great prices and decided to ask if I could have my own custom pack. He gave me a deal I couldn't refuse, as I'm sure all of you other R2Rers have noticed in his sale threads. The list of zp's was finalized, and so began the wait. He even sent me pictures of the Florida Oranges under different lighting when I asked for some pictures.

And now about those Florida Oranges... Man, those guys. Travis hit me up a week later, telling me that everything was fragged and looking good. All except for my Florida Oranges. :( But no fear, Travis noted that he made two frags, so hopefully things will go smooth. Another update later, looks like the single polyp was a goner and the other frag, a 2 polyp frag, was still holding on. He asked if I wanted to wait to see if they'll pull through and I agreed without hesitation.

He updated me weekly, and finally after a long wait, for both of us, Travis PMs me telling me that they made it and are good to ship the following week. Travis deciding to wait and try on these Florida Oranges rather than give up has definitely impressed me, as I'm sure some other businesses would have shipped them out anyways or would have opted for a replacement. But not Travis, he had hope for these polyps and the patience paid off! Also note, the wait also meant my other frags were more fully healed. Double whammy! I also asked if I could order some more Speckled Fire Ice since my last ones from him were a favorite and I wanted another one to use as a propogating frag. He threw it in for free, without me asking. This guy definitely has my business. Also, do note that I only ordered single heads/polyps of my corals but look at what I get (2x agaves, FL Oranges, and 4x acans).

Here's the vid and trust me, watch it to look at all of those super nice zoas! You won't find a vid with that many nice zoas in one line on youtube too often. :tongue:

[video=youtube;Oncl54TuEjE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oncl54TuEjE&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

Pics pics pics:

Some from an older order:

Yodas:
IMG_9872.jpg

Space Monsters (When I first got them they weren't colored up and looked really diff from the Space Monsters I knew of so I thought they were not Tyree. After a few months they've colored up and look very nice, my apologies for earlier):
IMG_9871.jpg

And now onto the new goodies, down the line:

CAOs, definitely a LOT brighter then my CARs.
IMG_9865.jpg

Florida Oranges:
IMG_9867.jpg

Vampire Paly:
IMG_9868.jpg

Blue Agaves:
IMG_9869.jpg

God of War:
IMG_9870.jpg

Hellz Kitchen Acan:
IMG_9882.jpg

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great lookin' zoas!! I am sure Planet Zoa appreciated you spending time to show what great vendors they are!

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great lookin' zoas!! I am sure Planet Zoa appreciated you spending time to show what great vendors they are!

Thanks! I'm sure he does and I hope others will like it too. It's always a bit nerve wracking when ordering with someone for the first time. Hope this will ease fellow reefers minds and let them know the high quality service they're about to get!

rosko23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree with Travis and the quality. His packing was awesome with each zoa labeled with lighting and flow requirements. Top notch.

Tabasco1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great write up!! I'm getting something together with him now and I can't wait!! That CAO is awesome!!

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree with Travis and the quality. His packing was awesome with each zoa labeled with lighting and flow requirements. Top notch.
Great guy. What did you end up getting?

Great write up!! I'm getting something together with him now and I can't wait!! That CAO is awesome!!
Nice! Be sure to post pics of what you get as I'm very curious. I love my CAO and can't wait for it to grow out. If anything I've learned from these purchases is that to get a good amount of nice palys all in one go. Makes you super happy when you see so many nice z+p's all in once small box... just for you! I'm tempted to get some more from him already to build up my collection. :xd:

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I just want to sincerely thank Darwin for this detailed review and say that I had absolutely NO influence over his decision to do this. It came as a complete surprise when I saw this thread, though it's certainly not out of character for Darwin. It's also not unusual for me to send freebies, especially to folks who are friendly and respectful in the private messages. :)

cMan5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome video and awesome products!!!! Can't wait to get my package from Travis! Top notch stuff from a top notch guy right here!

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I just want to sincerely thank Darwin for this detailed review and say that I had absolutely NO influence over his decision to do this. It came as a complete surprise when I saw this thread, though it's certainly not out of character for Darwin. It's also not unusual for me to send freebies, especially to folks who are friendly and respectful in the private messages. :)
Thanks Travis, means a lot that you appreciate it! Everything is still doing very well, and the acan is turning red again. I think it may have been the shipping.

Awesome video and awesome products!!!! Can't wait to get my package from Travis! Top notch stuff from a top notch guy right here!
Thanks cMan5! Let me know what you end up getting. I love looking at pics of z+p's!

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The zoas look good. Travis is a great guy to deal with. Had a bunch of local reefers order from him a couple months ago, and they had nothing but praise for him. Hes top notch. I should be getting a few zoas from him in a couple weeks.

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The zoas look good. Travis is a great guy to deal with. Had a bunch of local reefers order from him a couple months ago, and they had nothing but praise for him. Hes top notch. I should be getting a few zoas from him in a couple weeks.
Good to hear that everyone else has had the same experience as me.

Awesome review...... Love the AWWW @ 00:57 in the video, lol!
Lol! I didn't even noticed I made that sound until you pointed it out.

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, I have to quit looking at this thread.. It is REALLY making me want to add to my order, but then itd push it back! lol.. I really want that candy apple orange and god of war.r

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
man, I have to quit looking at this thread.. It is REALLY making me want to add to my order, but then itd push it back! lol.. I really want that candy apple orange and god of war.r

Think of the shipping you'll be saving though... :wink:
Give Travis some more business! Make him frag some more. :whip:

Zoacoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha, hes definitely got my business. Anyone i see that wants zoas, first place i send them is him.

Aqua fire/medic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol! I didn't even noticed I made that sound until you pointed it out.[/QUOTE]

I think we all make that sound secretly when we get a box of goodies..... Lol, I know I do!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back