Planning a large tank build

thekap2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i recently got back into the aquarium stuff with a RS max nano penninsula. So now i am planning the tank i actually want and want to get thoughts on if any of the chosen equipment is not good, better options and if i have missed anything for the initial setup.

tank/stand/sump - cade 1800 s2/p penninsula
mechanical - rs reefmat 1200
skimmer - bubble king deluxe 200
lighting 3x neptune sky led with rms hanging mounting
main pump - abyzz a200
powerheads - gyre xf350 cloud
controller - neptune apex pro with trident

based on the measuremnts cade provides of the sump i should be able to fit the reefmat in the filter sock area if i remove all the baffles inside that section and place the reef mat with the plumbing facing one of the corners

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So i recently got back into the aquarium stuff with a RS max nano penninsula. So now i am planning the tank i actually want and want to get thoughts on if any of the chosen equipment is not good, better options and if i have missed anything for the initial setup.

main pump - abyzz a200

based on the measuremnts cade provides of the sump i should be able to fit the reefmat in the filter sock area if i remove all the baffles inside that section and place the reef mat with the plumbing facing one of the corners
Top notch equipment but list looks good.
Good test kits as well as RODI unit can be added

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

main pump - abyzz a200

Going to be one sweet setup!

OP
OP
T

thekap2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top notch equipment but list looks good.
Good test kits as well as RODI unit can be added
Ya i already have a rodi producing about 95 gallons per day with my pressure and the hana marine master test kit. I am curious though i have the brs 75 GPD rodi but like i said i get about 95 out of it, i am curious if over producing with rodi is a problem, tds going into the di is 7 and 0 coming out, i am guessing the starting low tds is why the higher production but i could be wrong.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ya i already have a rodi producing about 95 gallons per day with my pressure and the hana marine master test kit. I am curious though i have the brs 75 GPD rodi but like i said i get about 95 out of it, i am curious if over producing with rodi is a problem, tds going into the di is 7 and 0 coming out, i am guessing the starting low tds is why the higher production but i could be wrong.
Too fast can be an issue but assure membrane filter is getting flow and installed in right direction.
In most cases, owners seek a booster pump as flow id often inadequate

TheSharksDen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, 7 in is good. Mine is like 65-75 in and still get zero out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back