Planning future tank style

Kelsey Fletcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have recently lost more than half of my fish and thinking of selling all of the other fish I have and switching to a predatory tank... Any suggestions? It is a 55-gallon tank with two corals but not really expecting to keep those either! I already know I want a fuzzy dwarf lionfish and a Hawaiian spotted puffer, but any other suggestions? I was thinking a snowflake eel but that may be too many for that small a tank! I am looking for things that are not invert safe bc neither lionfish or puffers are so inverts don't matter. I would like to have some corals but they are not mandatory.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I have recently lost more than half of my fish and thinking of selling all of the other fish I have and switching to a predatory tank... Any suggestions? It is a 55-gallon tank with two corals but not really expecting to keep those either! I already know I want a fuzzy dwarf lionfish and a Hawaiian spotted puffer, but any other suggestions? I was thinking a snowflake eel but that may be too many for that small a tank! I am looking for things that are not invert safe bc neither lionfish or puffers are so inverts don't matter. I would like to have some corals but they are not mandatory.
Predator tanks tend to be very nasty. I'm not one of the predator experts, but if you go this route make sure you have top notch filtration. You will need a oversized skimmer at the very least. Running filter socks in your sump and changing them regularly will help, too.

OP
OP
K

Kelsey Fletcher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Predator tanks tend to be very nasty. I'm not one of the predator experts, but if you go this route make sure you have top notch filtration. You will need a oversized skimmer at the very least. Running filter socks in your sump and changing them regularly will help, too.
Both of those things are exactly what I will be adding to my tank soon so thanks for the tips!

Back