Planning stages for next build

Ltoutjian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Im looking into planning a new build, plan is something along the lines of 48"x24"17" rimless with low-iron glass. anyone know of any glass aquarium manufactures around the SF bay area, california? I would even be willing to go get it down south, LA area. Only problem would be im military so it would have to be a good customer service builder as I can not just up and leave to go get it, would have to be planned. Any ifo is appreciated.

Thanks

Braves Fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats :) on being a Military person. Buy your tank thru your LFS, most times they will deliver it to your house at no extra charge. If I were you I would rethink the tank size you are wanting though. Instead of the 48x24x17 go with a 48x24x24 Take my word on this, you would regret the 17 inch height at some point and it wouldn't add that much to the total cost of the tank. I may get blasted on this next recommendation, but its JMO :) I would skip the low iron glass, the tank I just got 48x30x25 has regular glass, to be honest I am more than happy with it. When I priced the low iron glass it added $200 per pane of glass to the price for a total of $800 extra to the price of the tank. What ever you do :) keep us posted on your progress with pics and good luck to you :) What are your plans for your new tank? Also, keep your eyes peeled, you might could find a nice used tank for sale.

Glenn

Reefer and Model Railroad
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for serving !!! My daughters were USN (Norfolk) and USMC (Yuma).

I agree with the 4x2x2 tank option - First, it's a standard 120g aquarium, readily available, and (probably) cheaper than a custom build. Second, the 24" height is great to work in. This is the tank that I have and I love it. (Mine is Reef Ready with two overflows.)

OP
OP
L

Ltoutjian

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies,
Also when it comes down to it, I probably will go for the 120 based on availability. But the starphire glass is going to be part of it. Haha most places for the front pane or front and side panes only will add about 200. I have gotten back a quote online and the tank isn't to bad but the shipping was almost 600 so looking for something at least state local so I can go grab it from the manu. Thanks again for your replies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back