Planning to go Triton

bmelvin20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

soninhave a 265gal mixed reef. I have been testing and dosing two part for the past year with decwnt results. I like the idea of the triton method. No water changes, getting good thorough test a few times a year with triton icp test.
So my question is how to you go from your current setup to getting accurate first test to know where to start from. For instance I run 2 part, GFO, carbon, and a kalkstir with no fuge and a skimmer And dose tropic marin trace elements. Obviously I wouldn’t want these playing a factor in my first test of it’s not something that is implemented in the triton method.

I have searched and find tons of info on the method but no real good info on the switch on a current running setup.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Moonshiner's method, which is similar to Triton.
The first test is to get a baseline of where your tank is at and what supplements you'll need to add for corrections. Once you start the corrections, you'll want to stop any other additives except your alk/calc/mag dosing.

Johnny Martinez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the Moonshiner's method, which is similar to Triton.
The first test is to get a baseline of where your tank is at and what supplements you'll need to add for corrections. Once you start the corrections, you'll want to stop any other additives except your alk/calc/mag dosing.
I will look into that. The Moonshiner's method?? Thanks for the advice.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back