plant sources

  • Thread starter Thread starter Üter
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Üter

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2023
Messages
12,259
Reaction score
82,001
Location
Maine
What state or country do you live in
Maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone know good sources for plants? RC has a a variety but hardly in stock. Things like codium, red gracilaria etc...The snails seam to eat the mermaids fans very quickly. haven't tried brushes or pencil caps yet but never see them in stock.
 
The ones I hear recommended:
  • AlgaeBarn
  • Alyssa's Seahorse Savvy
  • Aquaticus (Aquaticus Plants - they sell cultured sea grass)
  • Gulf Coast Ecosystems (live-plants.com)
  • Indo-Pacific Sea Farms
  • Mosaic Macros
  • Reef Cleaners
  • Salty Bottom Reef Company
  • The Macro Lady
I've heard really good things about Gulf Coast Ecosystems, Mosaic Macros, and the Macro Lady in particular; people seem to like Alyssa's Seahorse Savvy's selection, but not their prices.


Others I know, but don't know anyone who has used them yet (at least not for macros):
  • Addictive Reef Keeping (they've got some rare macros; I'd love to know if they're a good source or not)
  • Algae Research Supply
  • BlueZooAquatics
  • Carolina.com
  • FloridaPets (they occasionally have some rare stuff, including some sea grasses I haven't seen anywhere else yet)
  • KP Aquatics
  • MySaltWaterFishStore
  • Ward's Science


Coldwater:
  • Gulf of Maine, Inc.
  • Matsu Collections
 
The ones I hear recommended:
  • AlgaeBarn
  • Alyssa's Seahorse Savvy
  • Aquaticus (Aquaticus Plants - they sell cultured sea grass)
  • Gulf Coast Ecosystems (live-plants.com)
  • Indo-Pacific Sea Farms
  • Mosaic Macros
  • Reef Cleaners
  • Salty Bottom Reef Company
  • The Macro Lady
I've heard really good things about Gulf Coast Ecosystems, Mosaic Macros, and the Macro Lady in particular; people seem to like Alyssa's Seahorse Savvy's selection, but not their prices.


Others I know, but don't know anyone who has used them yet (at least not for macros):
  • Addictive Reef Keeping (they've got some rare macros; I'd love to know if they're a good source or not)
  • Algae Research Supply
  • BlueZooAquatics
  • Carolina.com
  • FloridaPets (they occasionally have some rare stuff, including some sea grasses I haven't seen anywhere else yet)
  • KP Aquatics
  • MySaltWaterFishStore
  • Ward's Science


Coldwater:
  • Gulf of Maine, Inc.
  • Matsu Collections
thanks, gives me a good selection to look through tonight.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 23.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new