Plastic hose clamps

  • Thread starter Thread starter mjw011689
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mjw011689

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 2, 2021
Messages
459
Reaction score
263
Location
north phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty quick question here, but is there a specific brand or anything that everyone is using? Or just any of them work? I will need one on my return line as the pump sits below the water line in my sump.
 
I've never given much thought to the brand. As long as they're not junk, they're probably all pretty much the same.
Here's what I use
Amazon product ASIN B07VTMQHW9
Also, on my return pump, I just used two zip ties, pulled as tight as I could make them and it's worked just fine.
 
zip ties with a zip tie tool will more often give you a better clamp then the plastic hose clamps. ive used the brs ones, they work for what they are, not great for pressure situations, also no rereuseable atleast in my case after i took them apart for cleaning ~year later
 
zip ties with a zip tie tool will more often give you a better clamp then the plastic hose clamps. ive used the brs ones, they work for what they are, not great for pressure situations, also no rereuseable atleast in my case after i took them apart for cleaning ~year later
I just have a short section (maybe 6 inches) of flexible tubing between the pump and some PVC. With that set up it works out well since I can just unscrew the nut and remove the pump. The nut, hanging on the end of the tube remains hanging there until I put everything back. It works out well since I don't have to screw around with the zip ties, plus, if I put something together wrong, I can tell right away since the pump won't meet up with the nut correctly (ie, if I left the base off the pump).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new