Plastic water bottle in the reef tank

markon87

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 25, 2020
Messages
98
Reaction score
74
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,

My bi-color blenny was nipping on my favia so the coral had to end up in my HOB refugium. In order to keep the frag plug straight I cut off a water bottle tip (please see image below).
Do you think having this kind of plastic in the reef tank would be a problem?

A9089D1D-26D0-4DEC-A6B8-07C0224561C0.jpeg
 
Hi All,

My bi-color blenny was nipping on my favia so the coral had to end up in my HOB refugium. In order to keep the frag plug straight I cut off a water bottle tip (please see image below).
Do you think having this kind of plastic in the reef tank would be a problem?

A9089D1D-26D0-4DEC-A6B8-07C0224561C0.jpeg
Bottle safe to use and will not leach anything
 
Hi All,

My bi-color blenny was nipping on my favia so the coral had to end up in my HOB refugium. In order to keep the frag plug straight I cut off a water bottle tip (please see image below).
Do you think having this kind of plastic in the reef tank would be a problem?

A9089D1D-26D0-4DEC-A6B8-07C0224561C0.jpeg
In all seriousness it is fine.
 
Microplastics are the only thing I'd imagine would be of concern (but they are pretty much everywhere lol)
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 10.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new