Plate coral almost dead in a week

Localmandave

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 18, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have an issue I am stuck on, about 2 weeks ago my 450 litre reef tank of about 3 years started to look like corals not at there best, 1 of my hammers was not opening fully like it had, then I noticed my plate was starting to look like it was peeling and an unknown was not looking healthy and shrinking in life, checked water and nitrite has increased slightly but all other params look to be ok, ca 440, MG 1680, sg 1.026, ph 7.8, kh 8, I have done a 25 litre salt water change, fish are all looking healthy and only corals affected, lights are hydra 26hd and on from 10am to 10pm including ramp times, I have a skimmer and uv, any help is appreciated and hope I have given enough info, ask for more if not.

20190508_194456.jpg 20200304_193123.jpg 20200310_192404.jpg 15839578607505465910660461263437.jpg 15839579110258393974633390314428.jpg 15839580056983808661190813719765.jpg
 
You said your nitrite increased? Did you mean nitrates? And what was the value?
 
Any ideas anyone please? Thinking about a 50% water change and additional filter
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new