plate coral has something growing on it...ID?

Mikeand Mel

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 3, 2017
Messages
167
Reaction score
50
Location
Connecticut
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a pic of our plate coral, have had it for a year before this started growing on it.

Is this a coral or nuisance?

Thanks, Mike
IMG_8965.jpg
 
The bottom part kinda reminds me of Xenia... :confused:

Is that what your trying to show or am I way off?
 
Sorry your right....I think it is a pagoda...they both start with Po_O
Anyway, xenia or anthelia, this coral can takeover Ive heard.
If so how do I gwt it off my other coral without harming it(the pagoda)?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new