Plate coral help! Is it dying?

theguyinasia

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
42
Reaction score
0
Location
Penang, Malaysia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me what's happening to my plate coral? It seems that half of it is down to its calcium structure during the day, but at night it puffs up like a balloon and looks healthy.
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1374142425.765084.jpg
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1374142454.547280.jpg


I have two pictures, one of each side. Can this be because of my lights? I'm acclimating my radion pros, from 25% to 45%.
 
My plate does the same thing - been doing that for the last 8 months. I'm not worried anymore, must be a normal plate behavior
 
Ok, that makes me feel a little better, but I still want to find out why it's doing that. Do you think it's normal for all plates?
 
I have two plate corals and one seems to be open all the time the other looks like urs most of the day, but at night puffs up real nice, I wouldn't worry about it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new