Plate coral momentarily touched chalice

reefer_87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was cleaning my tank, and for a brief moment, my watermelon chalice fell on top of a plate coral (orange plate). I quickly picked it up and separated them. I am not too sure if they would have stung each other, and is there anything I can do now to make sure they both survive.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t tell you anything about those two particular corals. I can tell you I’ve knocked corals on top of each other a ton of times and never an issue. If there was, I’m sure it’ll heal.

OP
OP
reefer_87

reefer_87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t tell you anything about those two particular corals. I can tell you I’ve knocked corals on top of each other a ton of times and never an issue. If there was, I’m sure it’ll heal.
Thanks for your quick reply. Let me continue to observe them and see if they show any distress.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’ll be okay. I’ve dropped very finicky mushrooms into torches and even bubble tip anemones for just a second (very similar to your situation) and neither showed any damage or distress. Just place both corals back in their original positions and they should be perfectly fine

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 30 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back