OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These acanthos live in deeper water in dips or gullys on the sandbed where currents bring food to their mouths. Your tank with all the particulate feedings should be a good fit for that coral. Hope to see you posting lots of pictures as the coral adapts and colors up for you.
I'll be sure to keep you updated!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When I was speaking to him earlier, he sounded like he definitely is still interested in selling it. I think he realizes that he probably doesn't have the time to spend extra attention on nursing one coral back to health unless he's trying to sell it for a very high price. What really had me second guessing if I should get it was due to me asking for an opinion on a different forum and this guy seemed to think it was a flat out bad idea...here's a screenshot with names covered so you can see his opinion. You do sound like you know more about what to expect from them than he does...
Forget that other guy. He doesn't even know it's not a lobo.

Yes, lobos can be a pain to nurse. Acanthos, trachyphyllia, they're more forgiving. Food!! They are not light hogs which is why 2 to 3 times a week keeps them happy.

I'm hoping you get that piece and offer pics often!

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forget that other guy. He doesn't even know it's not a lobo.

Yes, lobos can be a pain to nurse. Acanthos, trachyphyllia, they're more forgiving. Food!! They are not light hogs which is why 2 to 3 times a week keeps them happy.

I'm hoping you get that piece and offer pics often!
Don't be worried about seeing pics in the future, I recently bought a really good underwater camera to take pictures while diving but I can take aquarium pics too of course! High quality pics! I'm actually going to be taking one on one lessons with a professional dive photographer soon! You'll get pics!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.

I have not kept acantho, but i know several people who have. They are not much different than trachyphyllia, which i know mine well. I love my trachyphyllia.
They can move themselves. They will inflate to push themselves around.

Open sand bed is nice for them To get comfortable. they may cozy up against the rock work, or glass. Really not difficult to care for. They love food. You got that covered!

Seriously, you can make room for it. Lights are fine, you got that amazing plate doing well.
Agree. I have a trachy, symphyllia and acantho bumping up next to each other. Quite easy to take care of. I would get it.

IMG_4584.jpeg
1000001464.jpeg

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very curious how it's going to look as it regains it's more vivid coloration! I love the pastel colors it has now but imagining those same colors only much more vivid and bright is really exciting!

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. I have a trachy, symphyllia and acantho bumping up next to each other. Quite easy to take care of. I would get it.

IMG_4584.jpeg
1000001464.jpeg
If you don't mind me asking, approximately how much was your acantho? Was it really as expensive as people are saying they are?

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this one from my lfs for $400-500. I forget. These typically start st $700 and go up from there.
Wow. I really cannot believe I stumbled into such luck in finding this piece! That's got to be one of the priciest LPS on average out there. Definitely on Australian Scoly level!

OP
OP
livinlifeinBKK

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, when are you getting the booger?
Today in the afternoon! It's being delivered from across town. I just checked the site of a very popular and reputable shop in America and the cheapest Acantho they have is $450 but most of them are well over $500. Personally I think this one looks better than any of the ones they're selling...

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today in the afternoon! It's being delivered from across town. I just checked the site of a very popular and reputable shop in America and the cheapest Acantho they have is $450 but most of them are well over $500. Personally I think this one looks better than any of the ones they're selling...
So, he sold it to you ???

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 41 31.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back