I have 7 fish in a biocube 32 g
1 purple tang
1 blue tang
1 angel fish
1 six line wrasse
1 royal gramma
2 clowns
it is a little crazy but it work for me
How long have you had all these fish? Particularly a purple tang and a blue tang need a massively larger tank at full size

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had all these fish? Particularly a purple tang and a blue tang need a massively larger tank at full size
For about 6 month, My friend gave me the aquarium and I added the purple tang, the six line wrasse and the blue tang and they are good

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For about 6 month, My friend gave me the aquarium and I added the purple tang, the six line wrasse and the blue tang and they are good
I'd really consider finding new homes for the purple tang and blue tang with local reefers. They're going to experience a ton of stress at that tank size. The other fish in there are at least not egregiously too big for that tank, but those 2 are.

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is true, but they are still small and I think that because of how they behave they are still fine, thanks for the advice, I already told my dad that I was going to give him the fish when they grew a little
I'd really consider finding new homes for the purple tang and blue tang with local reefers. They're going to experience a ton of stress at that tank size. The other fish in there are at least not egregiously too big for that tank, but those 2 are.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why not
1 purple tang
1 blue tang
1 angel fish
1 six line wrasse
1 royal gramma
2 clowns
IMHO, this is how NOT to keep a reef tank.

Last edited:

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMHO, this is how NOT to keep a reef tank.
I'm pretty new to the hobby, just 6 month in it, my friend gift me the tank with 4 fish already and in my lfs they told me i can have that many fish even one more, i am learning from here everything I can, anyway my dad have a tank and already say to give him the two tangs

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm pretty new to the hobby, just 6 month in it, my friend gift me the tank with 4 fish already and in my lfs they told me i can have that many fish even one more, i am learning from here everything I can, anyway my dad have a tank and already say to give him the two tangs
Your two tangs and the angel should be rehomed, then then rest of the fish is reasonable for your cube tank.

OrionN

Anemones
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which angel do you have? Angels are very active fishes that does not need open space or linear swim but darts in and out of the rock work. IMO, 32 gal cube is too small for one. It will outgrow it quick enough.
Here is a threat I have on Flameback Angel harem that I have. Certainly these are the smallest of small angels, and I feel that they won't do well long term in a 32 gal cube tank.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see why not
1 purple tang
1 blue tang
1 angel fish
1 six line wrasse
1 royal gramma
2 clowns
Uh I have a 32 biocube. Stock: two clowns, 2 mollies, and a goby. That purple tang, blue tang, and angel need a new home, probably why you say its “crazy”. Tangs really need a six foot long tank minimum…

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh I have a 32 biocube. Stock: two clowns, 2 mollies, and a goby. That purple tang, blue tang, and angel need a new home, probably why you say its “crazy”. Tangs really need a six foot long tank minimum…
I mean crazy that all fish that I have here, but they are good, not fighting not nothing, but I got your point

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean crazy that all fish that I have here, but they are good, not fighting not nothing, but I got your point
Research will go a long way, LFS just wants to sell fish. Look at live aquaria in the future for a bare minimum tank size on fish, both of those fish have a minimum of 125 and 180 gallons. I have a blue hippo juvenile in my six foot tank and Im upgrading by the end of the year to at least a 220 gallon thats 8 feet for them to have more room as they get bigger.
The guy from my lfs even say that the working fish like the goby doesn't count
And no not true at all. If the lfs is telling you these things find a different one, that one clearly doesnt care about the welfare of their animals and completely set you up for failure in my opinion with awful advice like that. Not trying to be mean at all, I learned my lesson with LFS and advice a couple times. Ive found two lfs stores where I made connections, they know what kind of tanks I have and advise me on fish/corals that work for my tank not just to sell them. Meeting the owners always help too, that will tell you a lot about the store.

When I go to a store I ask a question about livestock I know is a no no and if they say yeah totally will work I leave. Went to a store a week ago and asked if I can keep an adult emperor angelfish in a 70 gallon. They said yes. I walked out, cause there is no way an adult emperor angel (at 15 inches long) would even fit in a tank like that with rocks. Just my personal way of seeing which stores are good and which are not

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Research will go a long way, LFS just wants to sell fish. Look at live aquaria in the future for a bare minimum tank size on fish, both of those fish have a minimum of 125 and 180 gallons. I have a blue hippo juvenile in my six foot tank and Im upgrading by the end of the year to at least a 220 gallon thats 8 feet for them to have more room as they get bigger.

And no not true at all. If the lfs is telling you these things find a different one, that one clearly doesnt care about the welfare of their animals and completely set you up for failure in my opinion with awful advice like that. Not trying to be mean at all, I learned my lesson with LFS and advice a couple times. Ive found two lfs stores where I made connections, they know what kind of tanks I have and advise me on fish/corals that work for my tank not just to sell them. Meeting the owners always help too, that will tell you a lot about the store
I will definitely change store, Another suspicious thing about that place is that I think they are giving me false parameter readings, thank you very much for your advice everyone

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 67 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back