Please add your best woodworking tips here!

  • Thread starter Thread starter glb
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Pay particular attention to finish sanding and primer if painting; I learned this the hard way.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452111483.400597.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452111511.485862.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1452111554.987155.jpg
 
Last edited:
I second and third guess sometimes. Then I measure after I cut it To make sure.

I do too. After measuring 2-3 times I still cut the wrong length the first time. Lol.

As @TD13 said in post #79 above, keep some scraps around so you can do test cuts. It's a great suggestion. I meant to mention that earlier on as a tip, but neglected to do so. It's saved my behind many times!!!
 
I use my scraps for trim and anything small I wanna do

1452113596860.jpg

That's a good looking stand...and a fellow Samsung user to boot! I use the scraps also for small projects. Had some scrap 1x2 so I made a frame for a tablet that hangs on the wall next to the tank. Milled out access ports in the frame for control buttons and charging port. Fun stuff!!!

 
That's a good looking stand...and a fellow Samsung user to boot! I use the scraps also for small projects. Had some scrap 1x2 so I made a frame for a tablet that hangs on the wall next to the tank. Milled out access ports in the frame for control buttons and charging port. Fun stuff!!!

That's pretty sweet dude! You got me thinking now. I might have to do something of the sort.
 
I use my scraps for trim and anything small I wanna do

1452113596860.jpg

I like this. I might have to do something similar to my Fire to mount to my rowing machine. Then I could row and surf at the same time. :D
 
How's your stand build going?
I've been out of town all week, but I have the frame, bottom and back on. Next comes the sides top and front. Pics when I get back!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new