Please allow me to introduce myself (Rolling Stones)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Don Lidtke
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Don Lidtke

Some Old Guy
View Badges
Joined
Dec 27, 2016
Messages
601
Reaction score
989
Location
Saratoga Springs Utah
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The title should give you an idea of my age...lol. I can also be found by my character name on some MMO as SOG, Some Old Guy.

I'm retired after 30+ years as a sysadmin, so I am a geek, a gamer, a cyclist, a photographer, and a competitive shooter. I'm married, we celebrated 42 years in Aug last year, and have 3 amazing adult children. I grew up in Minnesota where I met My Love, built a house, took 13 months, in Burnsville MN, moved to CA for 34 years and now live south of Salt Lake City in Utah. We just moved here because our oldest son and grandson live here.

I ran a fish only salt water tank 25 years ago and have been waiting to get into a reef tank. The house in CA was great for raising of family but not for having an aquarium so with this house there was going to be a place for a reef tank. Once the basement is remodeled there will be a fish room and a 170 gallon tank. I'm counting the days! Also, I am looking for reefing group in the area if you folks know of any.
 
Welcome, I think you are not to far from some nice Local Fish Stores. Get Google going and check them out. Seems there is one called Reef Cave that is on Google...Think the contact person is Greg.
 
The title should give you an idea of my age...lol. I can also be found by my character name on some MMO as SOG, Some Old Guy.

I'm retired after 30+ years as a sysadmin, so I am a geek, a gamer, a cyclist, a photographer, and a competitive shooter. I'm married, we celebrated 42 years in Aug last year, and have 3 amazing adult children. I grew up in Minnesota where I met My Love, built a house, took 13 months, in Burnsville MN, moved to CA for 34 years and now live south of Salt Lake City in Utah. We just moved here because our oldest son and grandson live here.

I ran a fish only salt water tank 25 years ago and have been waiting to get into a reef tank. The house in CA was great for raising of family but not for having an aquarium so with this house there was going to be a place for a reef tank. Once the basement is remodeled there will be a fish room and a 170 gallon tank. I'm counting the days! Also, I am looking for reefing group in the area if you folks know of any.

IMG_5199.JPG
 
Welcome to R2R and your new reefing community. Good luck with the build.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new