Please check my equipment

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I'm really enjoying reading through the forum. Everyone is very friendly I have left some fish forums in the past because of drama lol. I'm a long time freshwater and planted tank guy. I did run an old 5g eclipse for a year when the nano tank crazy hit. I just tore down my successful 10g planted tank due to boredom. I'm going easy mix reef. Can someone check my equipment and give me some feedback. I know all the equipment is not top of the line but I'm going simple.

Fusion 20
Mighty jet 326
Neo therm and inkbird
Triple cooling fan... Florida lol
Jebao sw2
Ghost skimmer... I know lol
IM Mini max reactor
IM basket
AI prime HD w/12 goose neck
Smart micro ATO
Home made stand

Shrooms, Rics, brains, hammer, xenia, gsp, zoas, candy cane, feather duster, and macro algae. 3 fish, cleaner shrimp and cuc

How does this sound

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone I'm really enjoying reading through the forum. Everyone is very friendly I have left some fish forums in the past because of drama lol. I'm a long time freshwater and planted tank guy. I did run an old 5g eclipse for a year when the nano tank crazy hit. I just tore down my successful 10g planted tank due to boredom. I'm going easy mix reef. Can someone check my equipment and give me some feedback. I know all the equipment is not top of the line but I'm going simple.

Fusion 20
Mighty jet 326
Neo therm and inkbird
Triple cooling fan... Florida lol
Jebao sw2
Ghost skimmer... I know lol
IM Mini max reactor
IM basket
AI prime HD w/12 goose neck
Smart micro ATO
Home made stand

Shrooms, Rics, brains, hammer, xenia, gsp, zoas, candy cane, feather duster, and macro algae. 3 fish, cleaner shrimp and cuc

How does this sound
#Welcome to R2R! Plan looks solid, good luck with the build ;)

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R ! ! !

I will warn you now before you get into it later. Xenia can take over a tank. It spreads very quickly and can become a big problem later on. GSP can be the same way but can be controlled by either putting it on it's own island so you can trim it with scissors. Or put it on the back glass that you can scrape it off if needed. :)

giphy444.gif

#welcometor2r

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a good plan. No need to be apologetic about some of the equipment. All of that can work fine and should handle what you intend to keep.

Welcome to R2R!

OP
OP
flchamp89

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a good plan. No need to be apologetic about some of the equipment. All of that can work fine and should handle what you intend to keep.

Welcome to R2R!

Thanks Caveman. What do you guys think of the indo pacific colored sand ?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

I think you've gotten some pretty good advice thus far.

Except you've made no mention of water changes, or testing, and all the routine maintenance stuff. Are you one of those lucky folk in FLA that can get gulf water on your back porch?

Not that I want to be the first guy to bring you drama on here. Everyone on here wants to encourage your success! Again welcome :)

OP
OP
flchamp89

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

I think you've gotten some pretty good advice thus far.

Except you've made no mention of water changes, or testing, and all the routine maintenance stuff. Are you one of those lucky folk in FLA that can get gulf water on your back porch?

Not that I want to be the first guy to bring you drama on here. Everyone on here wants to encourage your success! Again welcome :)
Kris thanks for your input. I live in north Florida just south of Valdosta. I'm a little ways from either coast. I could collect water but I'm not going that route. I don't want to comment on the maintenance schedule yet until I monitor parameters. I'm an older aquarium guy and have some old school ideologies. Ive always done a long cycle usually no live stock for 3 to 6 months low bio load heavy filtration. I'll just have to see as every tank is different. I believe I'm leaning towards Tampa Bay live rock. No LFS really where I live. I'm in the sticks.

OP
OP
flchamp89

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy New Year everyone.

You guys probably thought I was dead...just work lol. Slow is important right lol. I went to order the tank last Friday but sold out everywhere I looked. Guess I underestimated the popularity for the holidays. On a bright note there is progress. The stand is finished as of 30 min ago. Not a carpenter but I'm proud.

ad2bdc235bb2f90bcfb3323cde95f882.jpg

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some progress

Nuvo fusion 20
Ehiem Jagger 100w
Jeabo sw4
Spin stream x2
Mighty jet DC pump
Intank basket
Mag float
Custom top
4bdcf3295d5c5087043409dba06e08ec.jpg
2d28e8a50d8adcf6ac60274c2f18002f.jpg
@flchamp89 welcome to R2R. Good advice was given, great build, and pic. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went online I was worried they did too. Especially since I built the stand for it. Your tank has been a big motivation for me.
Thanks for the compliment ;Shamefullyembarrased.

btw - I have already started my 2nd Fusion 20 nano. It's currently cycling. Hopefully I'll create a thread for it sometime this weekend. This one will be more SPS & LPS with hybrid lighting.

OP
OP
flchamp89

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the compliment ;Shamefullyembarrased.

btw - I have already started my 2nd Fusion 20 nano. It's currently cycling. Hopefully I'll create a thread for it sometime this weekend. This one will be more SPS & LPS with hybrid lighting.
Yep Im keeping tabs on it and your evo. I almost got the evo but wanted a square tank I'm excited to get back to a reef. It's been 15 years. I just ordered my light and skimmer and media reactor. Getting closer. Lol

OP
OP
flchamp89

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed last order for my equipment. I feel like I been going pretty cheap with the build until I hit the order button. Another 550.00 gone. Sure has gotten expensive to play this game lol

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you not know?...reef aquarium is like a black hole for hard earn cash!!! This is a representative of my Evo and seems to apply to all the other tanks too
bh-png.509804

You put everything into the tank (money, time, energy, solutions, fish, corals, equipment, food, etc.) and the only thing it gives in return is evaporated water and poop. Welcome to the addiction!
images-jpg.509798

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 87 71.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.1%
Back