OP
flchamp89

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So pretty disappointed as they sent me the mid size skimmer. Did get ato and prime. The app is kicking my butt lol. Got it all set up I think lol. Refractometer and some odds and ends came as well. Probably 2 weeks from going wet. Worked on some cable management.
feb0364c0b9c58d07deb7b58c4cf6619.jpg

Aaron Soliz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is coming along nicely. Reminds me when I started just a little over a month ago.

What kind of rock are you going to go with along with fish?

OP
OP
flchamp89

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is coming along nicely. Reminds me when I started just a little over a month ago.

What kind of rock are you going to go with along with fish?
That's part of the hold up too lol. I recently changed my mind and ordered life rock. I like your scape.

Aaron Soliz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's part of the hold up too lol. I recently changed my mind and ordered life rock. I like your scape.

Lol that’s alright. Yeah, I always felt going with Live Rock was better.

Thank you. I just got my clowns in there recently. Love those little guys. Time to take it slow now. I probably won’t start adding coral for another few weeks.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. You got some large coralline algae pieces there! There look to be plenty of places for water movement in between the rocks so that looks good.

Height of the rock works is the area I am little hesitant about. Personally I like to leave 50% of the top part of the tank rock free to ensure I accommodate room for coral growth, water movement and swimming space for fish.

OP
OP
flchamp89

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. You got some large coralline algae pieces there! There look to be plenty of places for water movement in between the rocks so that looks good.

Height of the rock works is the area I am little hesitant about. Personally I like to leave 50% of the top part of the tank rock free to ensure I accommodate room for coral growth, water movement and swimming space for fish.
I wanted the left side slightly higher. I'll have to work on it more. That's actually 5 rocks in there. Here's a better picture
3bd96e044fe509656602caa65d5a3ff8.jpg

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally I like the first two pics you have posted. I like the cave look and the right side seems to offer a slop look with a solid base for coral placement. less is more.

OP
OP
flchamp89

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally I like the first two pics you have posted. I like the cave look and the right side seems to offer a slop look with a solid base for coral placement. less is more.
Hard to see but the top rock on the right has some nice character. Nooks and crannies. I think I'm rolling with this. I think it will work for soft corals. Reef RC you think my set up will work for the easy corals?

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to see but the top rock on the right has some nice character. Nooks and crannies. I think I'm rolling with this. I think it will work for soft corals. Reef RC you think my set up will work for the easy corals?

I think you're good to go. As you add more corals, you may find that you like to have another Jeabo sw4 pump on the other side of the tank to help with water movement. I would think if you had two Jeabo sw4 you can have them alternating to help with different water movement patterns.

OP
OP
flchamp89

flchamp89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you're good to go. As you add more corals, you may find that you like to have another Jeabo sw4 pump on the other side of the tank to help with water movement. I would think if you had two Jeabo sw4 you can have them alternating to help with different water movement patterns.
You may be right. I thought I was good till I see your set ups. I think I can start with this and see. I think it's a decent build. Going wet when salt is here.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice. i currently have the old ghost skimmer in the fusion20v2 tank and had hardly turned it on this whole time. may be turning it on more often now that alga is growing; however I have noticed filter pads have been handling the low bio-load very well.

i assumed you got the NuvoSkim DC skimmer?

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 56 49.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back