Please help I am confused on what to do

tsimaskillz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a long tentacle anenome and he looks like this, my clown fish are eating it and if feel like he might be dying or dead, am I wrong or what do I do?

anemone.jpg

ifwisheswerefishes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me how long you have had the anemone? How long have you had the clownfish? What size tank and lighting and water parameters?

OP
OP
T

tsimaskillz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uhm... what are you're water paramaters???
Water parameters are good and sytem has been running for about three years, I have had him for about a week from a LFS. Nitrates are at zero and salinity is at 1.025, he was great yesterday and climbing on wall then he wnt to this when he found a rock to put his mouth on,

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anenomes are sensitive to changes in water parameters... I've had the pleasure of keeping a couple of them in my time... I've had my salinity drop from 1.025 to 1.024 and the thing freaked out on me and ended up splitting... I've had ones that looked like the one in the picture come back and be just fine(see photo).look at the reflection, they got themselves tucked into a back corner... Like @ifwisheswerefishes said, how old is the nem, the tank and what are your parameters... Need to know some things in order to help... And I have had clowns poke at there host before when they have been down, don't think they were eating it, just poking... idk

1595995938358379520848.jpg

OP
OP
T

tsimaskillz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anenomes are sensitive to changes in water parameters... I've had the pleasure of keeping a couple of them in my time... I've had my salinity drop from 1.025 to 1.024 and the thing freaked out on me and ended up splitting... I've had ones that looked like the one in the picture come back and be just fine(see photo). Like @ifwisheswerefishes said, how old is the nem, the tank and what are your parameters... Need to know some things in order to help... And I have had clowns poke at there host before when they have been down, don't think they were eating it, just poking... idk
what parameters do you need?

OP
OP
T

tsimaskillz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TEmp is about 78 amonia is 0 and salinity is 1.024 just tested it, nitrates are at 0

OP
OP
T

tsimaskillz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is anything different about the numbers that you gave me in comparison to a test you had ran from when it was healthy???
no not at all, I did a water change the two days ago and I think that it could be it

MightyMO

"The Algae made me do it!!!"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be showing some nitrates. And phosphate as Well but if you don't have a test, you don't have a test... How long have you had the nem for???

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back