Please help ID White covering over polyps

steve16046

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2014
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_5502.JPG
IMG_5503.JPG
 
I’m not sure what I’m looking at in the second picture. The white in the first picture “covering the polyps,” is the skeleton
 
I had my euphilia die one head at a time with white stuff. Not sure what it is but all the rest of my corals are fine.
 
In the first picture I'm not referring to the skeleton. That was the end result after I blew off the white stuff. If you look to the center left of the photo you can see what looks like a white paste covering the top. Blowing it off, it came off mostly in 1 piece like a skin. The second picture is a different coral and probably a bit too close up to make sense of it. But all of the small polyps are covered up with it making it look like measles.
 
The white stuff blowing off is likely bacteria consuming dead tissue and dead tissue itself. A dip in revive or the like may help, but they look to be in rough shape.

The second picture I need the white lights on to tell what I'm looking at.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new