Please help ID

gabygaby90

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2022
Messages
9
Reaction score
1
Location
houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone help me identify this? I tried to catch it, and I started swimming away like an anemone. I have a history of hydrates in my tank, but I got a file fish, and he seemed to have fixed the situation. I had to get rid of him because he was starting to eat my corals due to lack of hydroids.
This one was dime sized, which is significantly bigger than the usual hydroids I’ve seen on the glass.
it doesn’t look like an aptasia & I dip everything that goes into the tank with Dip X Coral Dip

42FBE6EA-5DE4-44D2-9B0B-39E4D2E07152.jpeg E842215F-7672-4D81-8138-F4A31A04453C.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • FullSizeRender.MOV
    52.4 MB
Looks like your hydroids are back.
 
Can anyone help me identify this? I tried to catch it, and I started swimming away like an anemone. I have a history of hydrates in my tank, but I got a file fish, and he seemed to have fixed the situation. I had to get rid of him because he was starting to eat my corals due to lack of hydroids.
This one was dime sized, which is significantly bigger than the usual hydroids I’ve seen on the glass.
it doesn’t look like an aptasia & I dip everything that goes into the tank with Dip X Coral Dip

42FBE6EA-5DE4-44D2-9B0B-39E4D2E07152.jpeg E842215F-7672-4D81-8138-F4A31A04453C.jpeg
Agree hydroid - Scrape off with edge of old credit card into net and discard
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new