Please help identify bubble tip behavior

Musicalwayz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone

I just got my bubble tip anemone about two weeks ago and while taking out out of the bag I noticed it was more of a heart shaped figure. I didn’t think anything of it and acclimated to my aquarium for an hour. In my tank, I've noticed that it has a dark line the color of purple across its pedal disk. The BTA looks healthy and bubbly, otherwise. I thought maybe it was splitting but it’s been almost two weeks now? Shouldn’t it have already split? Is the BTA sick, if so I was thinking of medicating with cipro, but I want to make sure. Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone =)

5C4D0C41-74CD-4D6C-B3D5-C16BF42FECCB.jpeg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone

I just got my bubble tip anemone about two weeks ago and while taking out out of the bag I noticed it was more of a heart shaped figure. I didn’t think anything of it and acclimated to my aquarium for an hour. In my tank, I've noticed that it has a dark line the color of purple across its pedal disk. The BTA looks healthy and bubbly, otherwise. I thought maybe it was splitting but it’s been almost two weeks now? Shouldn’t it have already split? Is the BTA sick, if so I was thinking of medicating with cipro, but I want to make sure. Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone =)

5C4D0C41-74CD-4D6C-B3D5-C16BF42FECCB.jpeg
I have some BTAs but I’m no expert. They do exhibit strange behavior sometimes and they take awhile to get used to a new environment/lighting. When mine split, it always catches me by surprise. I never know when they decide to split. Yours looks healthy from the pics. I’d leave it alone and just wait it out.

OP
OP
M

Musicalwayz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ScottR
Thank you very much, I’ll continue to watch him. I’ve attached a picture of what he looks like during the day.

AFFA9C67-1359-49E9-B4E0-2FF96168574A.jpeg

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ScottR
Thank you very much, I’ll continue to watch him. I’ve attached a picture of what he looks like during the day.

AFFA9C67-1359-49E9-B4E0-2FF96168574A.jpeg
Looks good! They’re a living animal and they do weird things. At first, it’s easy to freak out over their behavior but you’ll see that it’s normal.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back