Please help identify bubble tip behavior

Musicalwayz

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2018
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone

I just got my bubble tip anemone about two weeks ago and while taking out out of the bag I noticed it was more of a heart shaped figure. I didn’t think anything of it and acclimated to my aquarium for an hour. In my tank, I've noticed that it has a dark line the color of purple across its pedal disk. The BTA looks healthy and bubbly, otherwise. I thought maybe it was splitting but it’s been almost two weeks now? Shouldn’t it have already split? Is the BTA sick, if so I was thinking of medicating with cipro, but I want to make sure. Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone =)

5C4D0C41-74CD-4D6C-B3D5-C16BF42FECCB.jpeg
 
Hi Everyone

I just got my bubble tip anemone about two weeks ago and while taking out out of the bag I noticed it was more of a heart shaped figure. I didn’t think anything of it and acclimated to my aquarium for an hour. In my tank, I've noticed that it has a dark line the color of purple across its pedal disk. The BTA looks healthy and bubbly, otherwise. I thought maybe it was splitting but it’s been almost two weeks now? Shouldn’t it have already split? Is the BTA sick, if so I was thinking of medicating with cipro, but I want to make sure. Please any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone =)

5C4D0C41-74CD-4D6C-B3D5-C16BF42FECCB.jpeg
I have some BTAs but I’m no expert. They do exhibit strange behavior sometimes and they take awhile to get used to a new environment/lighting. When mine split, it always catches me by surprise. I never know when they decide to split. Yours looks healthy from the pics. I’d leave it alone and just wait it out.
 
@ScottR
Thank you very much, I’ll continue to watch him. I’ve attached a picture of what he looks like during the day.

AFFA9C67-1359-49E9-B4E0-2FF96168574A.jpeg
 
@ScottR
Thank you very much, I’ll continue to watch him. I’ve attached a picture of what he looks like during the day.

AFFA9C67-1359-49E9-B4E0-2FF96168574A.jpeg
Looks good! They’re a living animal and they do weird things. At first, it’s easy to freak out over their behavior but you’ll see that it’s normal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new