Please help if there is a solution with my sump

Yep, you can add at least 2 more inches and still have some room to spare. Just make sure to mark the line on your sump so you don't overfill.
When I use a ATO sensor do I put the sensor in the first section or where the return pump is?
 
Y
You sure it's not back pressure from the return lines filling the sump back up?
When power shuts off yes there is sign from return lines but those break siphon eventually. I guess I could drill a siphon just below waterline to break siphon on one of the returns since I have 4 right? But I really didn't want to do that but realize I might not have a choice because when I turn my skimmer on it sucks a lot of water up and makes the pump kinda start sucking air.
 
Y
When power shuts off yes there is sign from return lines but those break siphon eventually. I guess I could drill a siphon just below waterline to break siphon on one of the returns since I have 4 right? But I really didn't want to do that but realize I might not have a choice because when I turn my skimmer on it sucks a lot of water up and makes the pump kinda start sucking air.
That's what's filling the sump so high . Raise one line at water surface .
 
Fingers crossed!
Keep us updated
Yay! It worked!! I temporarily put a 2x4 under the 2 outer returns. Here is what my sump looks like now!! Yay!!!
Using the tank calc I can now add an extra 17.29 gallon and still have 1.25" inches from the top.
This is what my returns up top look like with temp wood lol. Do I only have to put it on 1 side(1return)? Is what I ok or acceptable?
Thank you all for the time to help me out. Much appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • 16978383697362123955657477483061.jpg
    16978383697362123955657477483061.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 16978384350591400381849749148555.jpg
    16978384350591400381849749148555.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 16978387213394133076662998841785.jpg
    16978387213394133076662998841785.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 43

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new