Please help me choose light.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for so many questions lighting is a big step for me... could u do this with the ai prime hd
post-90676-0-87192900-1456946920.jpg

It would still be protected by the interior clear part of the lid it could even be bigger.
Yes! Of corse! That’s what I suggested earlier. I would get rid of the plastic protector though because it does mess with the light.

OP
OP
Treenk

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would plastic protector really mess with it that much. Pretty well sold on the ai prime. I notice that its controlled through bluetooth will it be a ramp timer similar to the orbit or is it more of an on off style?

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the red sea led on a bio cube currently. I think its pretty good, very easy set-up and app. Not as customizable but built to be safe in the regards of telling you when your settings may be harmful to coral. The led is similar to Kessil dense matrix array. Not sure about fitting in your hood, I took mine off and attached the arm to the false wall and had to support it with a black zip tie for my own concern of it possibly fallikg in.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would plastic protector really mess with it that much. Pretty well sold on the ai prime. I notice that its controlled through bluetooth will it be a ramp timer similar to the orbit or is it more of an on off style?
It won’t really mess with it that much. I just like my lights unobstructed. Yes, you can completely ramp them up and down, increase and decrease intensities throughout the day, change the % of different channels, and the light has acclamation settings which is also pretty helpful. You can also switch back and forth from your schedule to a manual setting if you wanted to look at something if your lights haven’t turned on yet etc...

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you ever turned your power heads off and looked down at your tank?

It really gives you a while new perspective on your tank.

I have animals, you name it we probably have it and 1 that wont allow me to have a sump and kids and was hesitant about the "NO LID" scenario. In my case it hasn't been a problem amd having the lid off provides such a unique view for a reef tank in my opinion.

PM cromag here about a lid!

Tyler Miceli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I bought this biocube second hand and he had put in the orbit marine light so he didnt have to keep replacing the bulbs, he also added 4 blue led strips for coloration they are actually made for and by coralife biocube.
20191208_190722.jpg

From the research I've gathered so far is that the orbits are sub par lighting due to their low wattage. I do really like the ramp timer and the colors with the added coralife blue, but I'd really like my corals to grow more so. So I was wondering if I could just put a second orbit strip in with the first. I have also found this video that I could easily do this is the light
Screenshot_20191209-212037_Chrome.jpg

I know taking the hood off and putting a kessel on would be the best choice but I really like the hood not sure why. Does anyone have an opinion if either of these ideas would grow well. Or another idea to put a better light in the hood?

Have a biocube 32, Steve's leds makes a specific light that fits the hood. Takes about 15 minutes to install. Have been pleased with them!

20191203_221418.jpg

OP
OP
Treenk

Treenk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you ever turned your power heads off and looked down at your tank?

It really gives you a while new perspective on your tank.

I have animals, you name it we probably have it and 1 that wont allow me to have a sump and kids and was hesitant about the "NO LID" scenario. In my case it hasn't been a problem amd having the lid off provides such a unique view for a reef tank in my opinion.

PM cromag here about a lid!
I haven't really thought about it that way, the display does sit where I have to kind of squat down to see in it. My power heads are always on though. I feel like if I got the ai light at anytime I could decide to go rimless if I ever got the urge or if it plain didnt work with the lid.

Tyler Miceli

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm that's a pretty nice color too I like that blue tipped torch you have.
They have an option to replace 4 of the bulbs with hyper violet ones it's an iridescent booster option. Gives it a more purple look with blues on

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back