Please help me fix my ato siphoning problem.

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the end of the day if I drill a hole in the tube right before it leaves the ato reservoir is the problem solved? This has been mentioned above and seems like the easiest solution.
The simplest solution would be moving the anti-siphon valve to the top of the interior of your ATO container. No drilling holes required.

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s what I wound up going with: red is the anti-siphon valve, blue indicates the larger clear tubing, the yellow indicates the ato hose. It now seems to be working as it should. If anyone sees anything I could do to improve this please feel free to let me know!! Thanks again for everyone’s help, I can always count on you folks :)

D0AC8B57-7BBA-4868-BF5C-6F6D0230C2D6.png ABC66129-B84D-4133-926C-1FA60E66D27D.png

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried it yet? Putting the anti-siphon valve outside of the container will allow it to leak. When the ATO pump pushes water through it some water goes out of the air relief valve. That is the reason I said to put it inside of the container at the top. Here is a photo of mine for reference. So when my pump kicks on some of the water does leak out into the ATO container. When the pump kicks off it draws air into the valve breaking the siphon.
IMG_5211.jpg

OP
OP
Afrashz

Afrashz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried it yet? Putting the anti-siphon valve outside of the container will allow it to leak. When the ATO pump pushes water through it some water goes out of the air relief valve. That is the reason I said to put it inside of the container at the top. Here is a photo of mine for reference. So when my pump kicks on some of the water does leak out into the ATO container. When the pump kicks off it draws air into the valve breaking the siphon.
IMG_5211.jpg
I’ve tried it and it seems to
Work well, I wanted to do as you suggested but that required additional tubing as I had already cut it. If I notice significant leakage I will certainly consider buying more hose and moving it inside the reservoir

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back