Please help me ID this coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Oleshp
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Oleshp

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2014
Messages
66
Reaction score
40
Location
Ocean City MD
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased this coral from my LFS and I'm not sure what it is. I am pretty new to keeping coral and my last experience didn't go so well. Any help with ID and tips on how to care for it would be appreciated.

It is about 4-5" and seems to accept frozen brine/mysis out of a pipette.
fpOOGKR.jpg
 
Thanks! Any special care requirements? I think I got it at a decent price ($60), but I want it to thrive and grow in my tank so I can talk the wife into letting me get more coral!
 
Fairly easy to care for. Moderate light, flow. Keep it away from sharp rocks or fish/inverts that will pick at it. If the flesh gets torn it seems to decrease survival rates. It's more of a shower than a grower. They don't really reproduce or grow much in tanks that I've seen.
 
Cool thanks. Am i feeding it correctly?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new